“Treated like family”
Review of Rider's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Painesville
Rider's Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Painesville B&B and Inns
Canfield, Ohio
“Treated like family”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My stay at Riders was extremely nice. The attmosphere was very very nice. The room, although a little warm, was very home like I absolutely loved the old trunk at the end of the bed. The greeter Sukki was extremely friendly. My food was absolutely great along with the band that played. They were very entertaining. The decorations through out nthe inn was very nice. The waitress was very nice as well, she kept my glass full of pepsi I had to tell her no more. After I was done eating and was just enjoying the music she continued to see if I needed anything else. the owner in.the morning was an amazing person I just wish I cohld have met her the night before, she treated me like family and it felt like I was at home and knew her forever. The next time I visit and there will be a next time I definately will bring cookies to share. I am hoping to return soon along with my husband and hopefully will be able to come back with the group of people that broughtme here this time. This place is by all means an amazing place to visit and stay and eat at.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Launalynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ohio
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Extremely over priced plain salad. Mediocre desserts. Poor service. That was the best part. They dragged in 30 plus people during the dinner hour and did a wedding rehearsal while we ate. The bride and groom stood right next to our table. Then all kinds of wedding planning took place, aloud, standing in the dinning room while we ate. The lady coordinating and answering questions jokingly walked up to us and said, "There is no extra charge for the floor show." My response, " you should pay us for this disruptive dinning experience.". I was going to complain, until I learned the"coordinator" was also the owner. Will never go back there, ever. And I live in the area.

Room Tip: Don't. I have seen the rooms. In poor condition. Over priced.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank serenitynowOhio
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to Riders expecting a very nice Thanksgiving dinner with a family of 12, including 4 children. I'm not sure where to begin. When we went to the hostess desk, our reservation couldn't be found ; it took several minutes. The lady at the desk just kept saying the owner could find it easier and she finally found the owner to get us seated. Our first waiter (young college man from Mt. Union) was very friendly and pleasant, then another waiter was sent to tend to us and everything went downhill from there. We ordered wine and after waiting an hour the wine order was cancelled; when taking orders the complete dinner order was not taken, it was taken according to course which I don't understand...it takes too much time; drinks were not refilled all the way around, it was hit or miss; we sat for about 1 hour 45 minutes before we got our main turkey dinner; the children's portion was on the same size plates as the adults, just less food....that was a rip off; and probably the icing on the cake was dessert. Everyone decided to take their pie home, but the children wanted the ice cream at the restaurant and take their pie home (the menu said children could get ice cream WITH chocolate sauce AND pie). The waiter argued with my 9 year old grandson and told him that he couldn't have chocolate sauce "today" but any other day he could. However, the waiter didn't know what the menu said. In the end, the waiter conceded to my grandson, but in the meantime upset him because my grandson is old enough to read and does so very well. All in all, the amount of time we had to wait for our meals and the condescending attitude of the second waiter made this a very unpleasant experience, especially for the children. We have surmised that the second waiter was possible the bartender. There was also a foul up with the credit card used to pay for the meal. We received a call at home later that night to clarify the credit card information. As out of towners, we were looking forward to this dining experience and our Mentor family (and they have dined her numerous times) had thought they had made an excellent choice for our family's Thanksgiving meal. We felt bad for our Mentor family. I think it is fairly safe to say that none of the group will be back or even recommend the Rider Inn to anyone.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky B
Mentor-on-the-Lake, Ohio
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This review is strictly regarding their annual Thanksgiving Lunch/Dinner we recently experienced in 2013. We had a party of seven with reservations that were made several weeks in advance, however on the day of our arrival we were pushed into a very small area with a wobbly table that shook every time some one would move. We reported this to our server who acknowledged that fact, but never corrected the situation. The restaurant was shorted handed and service was slow constantly requesting drink refills and dinner rolls which were not served unless you requested them. .All in all was we were very disappointed in the quality of the meal versus the price which we all thought was a bit high for what you received and the dessert that was included in the price was so small that two bites completed the task. On the plus side you did receive a large portion of food.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A couple of friends and I were in town to attend a fundraiser for the Lake County Historical Society. What better place to stay than in a historic inn? The atmosphere is wonderful. They did a great job of keeping the place well maintained but still very historic feeling. I loved the claw foot bath tubs and the beautiful tiles they had in the bathrooms. The food was also great I highly recommend the crab cakes. In the morning, we had an enjoyable chat with proprietess Elaine about the history of the inn, while being entertained by her adorable dog Sookie. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank HistoryTravelerOhio
Mentor, Ohio, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Never stayed in a B&B before but wanted to retreat from the stress of work and have a relaxing evening with my hubby. I wanted to stay in a old Inn and love the atmosphere at the Inn and hoped to see the ghost Suzanne. We stayed in her room and I felt at home and slept well as if she welcomed us there. Elaine is wonderful with stories of the Inn and the surrounding area and the people were so friendly, you feel like family instead of guests.

If you want local history and maybe a visit with a ghost and love the old houses of a earlier age I would go stay there and relax and chat with Elaine.. I just didn't see a ghost but I felt like she was there somehow and maybe next time she will come out. Rooms were nice and clean and the bar makes good drinks to warm you up while you check out the history of the INN.

Room Tip: If you have kids you want the double beds but if you are a couple you can get the bigger room or the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gloria M
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I made reservations to spend the weekend for our anniversary. When I got there they gave the room I specifically asked for to another guest, although I was told this room was available when I called and they said I could have it.(even the e-mail to conform my reservation saying I got the room I wanted) I was very disappointed as we had to sleep in a double bed in a tiny room, the bed was very uncomfortable! They didn't' offer anything or apologize to me for giving the room I was promised to someone else! The lady who was there to check use in was rude about it all! The bar tender did the cooking and the food was not what we expected. He could not even cook eggs sunny side up we had to eat them scrambled. I will not be returning there, there are plenty off nice old place with history to go to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BTHIKER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painesville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Residence Inn Cleveland Mentor
Steele Mansion Inn & Gathering Hub
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor

Been to Rider's Inn? Share your experiences!