“The place to go for great food and service”
Review of Bistro 70

Bistro 70
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Painesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In April of 2004 I opened my first restaurant, Bistro70, located at 70 N. Saint Clair in the heart of Historic Downtown Painesville. Bistro70’s mission from the beginning has been to provide a complete dining experience, which includes an innovative menu, a friendly and well trained staff, all brought together in a warm & trendy atmosphere that exudes energy and comfort. The mission has been achieved and continues to thrive. Over the past 9 years, Bistro70 has become one of the favorite restaurants of Lake County diners, and is a perennial winner of local and regional awards including News Heralds “Most Romantic Restaurant”, Fox8 Hot List Top 10 restaurant in Cleveland for the last 3 years, (#2)2009, (#3) 2010, (#9) 2011, Nation “Table Top Design Award” winner 2004, featured on "Dinner and a Movie " with David Moss, John Long (PD) “Tasty 20”. Today Bistro70 continues its dedication to my vision of providing the complete dining experience and offers something for everyone through its diverse seasonal and locally sustainable menu. As one of the early pioneers of the revitalization of Painesville, I support the local community and continue to strive to make Bistro70 the perfect dining destination in the area.
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The food was the best tasting. The service top notch. I hadn't been to bistro 70 for a while and I was pleasantly surprised that everything was the same as I remembered

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stopped while traveling and found Bistro 70 online. The wait staff, hostess, chef, and bartender were very gracious and professional. Wonderful service. The food was superior and very carefully done. The appetizer choices and presentations have a lot of style. My grouper, thick and moist, had a nice picante zing to the sauce that hit the perfect flavor note. My husband's gnocchi and sausage was down-homey and hearty with fluffy gnocchi dumplings. Warning, though: don't go for conversation and warm ambience on a Friday night unless you enjoy yelling to be heard and hearing loud squeals as people enjoy themselves. The food deserves better than that. Perhaps some sound deadening wall treatments would help.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Every visit exceeds my expectations! Excellent food, professional service in a locally owned and managed resturant that has a great atmosphere.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our children & grandchildren took us to BISTRO 70 for our anniversary dinner on a Saturday evening. The atmosphere was average as we were seated next to the entrance to the restrooms. We were a party of 8. Not much ambiance. Service was slightly slow and I'm not sure why. We had reservations for 6:00 p.m. and they were not very busy yet. Everyone enjoyed their meal even though they were served in a staggered manner. Some had to wait a little longer than others. There seemed to be more people at the bar than the restaurant. We all agreed that we are willing to give this another try. I think I'd heard that the owner has discontinued his lunch service to focus more on the dinner menu. When I checked out their website recently, I noticed the menu has changed & it looks inviting.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

EXCELLENT food Drinks service atmosphere

Theme nights and specials always awesome We love Thurs. sushi and martinis
Rooms to rent for parties Keith will work with you... so you have a great time.

Service: everyone is nice ,professional and helpful.

Quality everywhere !! Good for business, family, large parties, friends and couples quiet retreat Great value if you like nice things !!