“Consistency since 1936 ... the quality restaurant run by a family”

Depot Cafe Inc Silvestro's
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Painesville
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed February 7, 2013

If one wants good food, efficiently delivered in an atmosphere of a neighborhood restaurant...Silvestro's is the place to be. Our steaks were tender and done to perfection. For me the salad size isn't why I walked through the door...what the salad my have lacked in volume, was made up for by the home made dressings served to top the salad.

The ambiance inside was right up my alley .... small (17 tables), a bar (with an old Stroh's Beer neon sign over it)...and waitstaff on the ball, full experience...neighborhood service, in a neighborhood, with big city quality steaks (the menu has more than simply steaks). Two steaks, two drinks = $67 (it was worth it)

There are newer reviews for Depot Cafe Inc Silvestro's

Reviewed June 2, 2012

If you are looking for something new, modern and hip, where you can go to be seen, this is not where you want to go. If you are looking for really good food at a fair price and kind of like being retro--you'll love this place. The salads were not very remarkable, but the bread was fabulous. The prime rib was excellent, as was the lasagna. The portions are plentiful, even for those with large appetites. Because the place is small, the staff does tend to move the patrons in and out at a quick place to get a high turn over on the few tables that they do have. If you like to linger, after dinner over coffee and dessert, you may be disappointed, however, you can move over into the bar area for an after dinner drink and continue to soak in the retro atmosphere. One thing to be aware of--credit cards and checks are not accepted, although there is a ATM available in the bar.

2  Thank jochrisvac
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This dated local restaurant is located across the street from the old passenger train station in Painesville. The space is small and the tables are tightly packed. Although the space is not dirty is also not particularly clean.
Our family tried a variety of dishes. We found food quality varied from mediocre to average. Portion sizes were large. The bread accompanying the meal was very good. Service was efficient.
Pricing was competitive with other local casual dining restaurants. The place was crowded and there were people waiting on the evening we visited . It appears to be popular with their area locals, target customer.

2  Thank bfg1943
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I used to frequently visit here as a child in the 80s and 90s. I recently returned and it was just as good as I remembered. I ordered the prime rib and it was outstanding. The dinner salad left a little to be desired somewhat small and average. Pricing was a little on high end but you definitely get your money worth
I left full and happy.

1  Thank Jon B
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We went to Silvestro's tonight - my husband, myself, his sister, her boyfriend and his brother. I had gotten a 10.00 birthday gift certficate in the mail. One of us had steak, the rest of us had prime rib, we all had drinks and 3 appetizers. The food was delicious! When the server took our check for us, we realized right away we forgot to give her the gift certificate. We couldn't find her so we immediately notified another server who said she would let her know. She came back to our table and told us the 10.00 couldn't be deducted from our bill because it had already been rung up. It would have been very simple to correct. Granted, 10.00 is nothing major, but we had a pretty large bill and it certainly would have helped, so needless to say, we're not happy! Yes, it is nice that they send those out for birthdays, but not if you end up not being able to use it! We still left her a nice tip, but it won't be our first choice for dinner next time!