All reviewsfront deskmiami universityopen hourshard boiled eggsno elevatoran older hotelroll away bedthe hotel is conveniently locatedhueston woodsyogurteasy walktwo queen bedsclean hotelin townthe staff was extremely friendlywalking distancecollege visit
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

BED BUGS! Room 201
I woke up with bites on my neck, arms and back.
When I checked out and told the manager. She took my name, number, and email and told me the general manager would call me in the afternoon. I never got a call.
They didn't give me a receipt because they were going to discount my rate after the GM came in and email my receipt (even though I told her it didn't matter because my work pays my expenses). I never got an email either.
Besides all that BS, the hotel is outdated.
I'll update my post if I ever hear back, but I won't be holding my breath...

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank matapus
BW_OXFORD, General Manager at Best Western Sycamore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

First, I would like to apologize for not getting back with you yesterday. I have been out sick with the flu. I spoke with my front desk staff about your stay and room. I immediately called the company that does our monthly inspections. They were here at the property within 20 minutes. They found nothing in the room, they inspected and did a very thorough check, pulled everything off all the walls, and found No signs of any insects anywhere. I will be emailing your receipt for your stay. If you would like to speak with me, or speak with the company that handles our inspections I would be more than happy to. Feel free to email my any time at mgr@bwoxford.com- or call us toll free 800-523-4678

Reviewed October 16, 2017

An economy hotel priced as if upper end. Hotel is banking on its location next to Miami University to maintain artificially high room rates. The staff at the hotel was very nice and helpful. HVAC in rooms need to be updated.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BW_OXFORD, General Manager at Best Western Sycamore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a survey, and thank you for the nice comments about my staff. We are the closest property to Miami University, however we are not the most expensive. We take pride in our property, and all the amenities we have to offer our guests. Four walking blocks to uptown, hot breakfast, 24 hour indoor pool and whirlpool, each room having a microwave and refrigerator, and so much more. We have our budgets prepared well in advance to allow us to operate the property in a fiscally responsible manner, part of the budget process includes looking at high demand weekends, and being next to campus each fall weekend is in very high demand. We have to try to obtain revenue during peak periods to cover us for those times of year when we are less busy. I have encountered similar situations at hotels, and in fact all other kinds of services, that follow this budget process. We hope we will have the opportunity to be your host again in the future. Kathy Butterfield general manager.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

The hotel is very convenient to campus and the Uptown area. The room was comfortable, but somewhat dated. The pool area was clean and fun for the family. We especially enjoyed the friendly staff who made check in and breakfast enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2017

This hotel has the basics covered. Clean simple room, standard breakfast and friendly staff. Walk to downtown is handy. At half the price of other options this was a great deal. I would definitely return for this price.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2017

This Best Western Sycamore was in a great location to everything in Oxford easy walk. We enjoyed the breakfast very much. The breakfast had a nice variety of items. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help out in any way they could to make sure we were happy with the BW

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family