All reviewsfront deskmiami universityopen hourshard boiled eggsno elevatoran older hotelroll away bedthe hotel is conveniently locatedhueston woodsyogurteasy walktwo queen bedsclean hotelin townthe staff was extremely friendlywalking distancecollege visit
Reviewed August 22, 2017

We stayed here for a family reunion at Hueston Woods. The hotel is conveniently located to either enter the park on the side of the lodge or the side of the Nature Center. It is also within walking distance to central Oxford and convenient to the college. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I left items in the room after check out and when I called they promptly retrieved them and held them until I could return from Hueston Woods to pick them up.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Spent the night here with my sister after attending a wedding. Would definitely stay here again. Very nice facility and friendly staff. Only reasons I didn't rate it 5 stars: crowded parking; and a mix-up with my reservation that gave me only 1 bed instead of the 2 I'd asked for, so I had to sleep on a rollaway bed crammed in among the furniture. Hotel was totally full so no other options that night. But Guest Services Supervisor sought me out in the morning to try to make amends.

Room Tip: Apparently all the wheelchair-accessible rooms have only 1 bed.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2017

The Oxfrod Best Western front desk team lead by Monica is the best in the business! Close to campus. Check in a customer leave as a friend. Reasonably priced for a town with minimal choices in this college town.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2017

Such a great option for parents of Miami students. Super friendly staff and clean, functional rooms. Hotel is steps away from campus. We have stayed here twice so far and each time, the staff has been very helpful with choices of restaurants in Oxford. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2017

I stayed for three nights at the Sycamore Inn while my house was being painted. (I actually live in Oxford) Making the reservation online, using the Best Western website, went without any problems. Checkin was smooth, although the young male clerk lacked a welcoming attitude. My first-floor room was near an exit, and had two queen beds, small desk, small microwave, frig, and large-screen TV. The room and bath were very clean. The AC worked perfectly. I did not use the pool but it and the area around it looked attractive. The breakfast was the usual, with cereal, do-it-yourself pancakes, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels and small danish, juice, etc. The people at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating, with the exception of the person on duty at check-in. My room was very quiet - no issues with noise at all. All together, a very pleasant stay while I waited for my house to be painted!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank midwesternerOhio
BW_OXFORD, General Manager at Best Western Sycamore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thank you for all your wonderful comments about our hotel, and staff. So glad you enjoyed your stay at my hotel while your house was being painted, and you were able to enjoy our new breakfast room, and make your own pancakes. I will check into the desk agent that checked you in and speak with him about being a little more welcoming. Thanks for letting us be your home away from home.
Kathy Butterfield