“Visiting son at Miami University”

Best Western Sycamore Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Mentor, Ohio
“Visiting son at Miami University”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

When i originally planned to come for a visit, this hotel was booked. I called the day before to see if they had any cancellations due to the weather and luckily for me there was one. This hotal is located less than a mile from my son's apartment, so it was very convenient. The continental breakfast was much better than I remembered from previous visits. The " work-out" room is a joke. The bike didn't work and the treadmill was not calibrated very well. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Realizing there is little reason to go to Oxford, OH, unless you are visiting Miami University, I understand that 1) hotels know they have a captive clientel with few choices and 2) most rooms are seldomly used. However, we checked in late and apparently the heat had not been turned on in days to weeks (in January) and we had to prop open the door, crank the heat up and sit in our coats for 30 minutes. The hotel is clean but old and seems pricey for the accomodations. Also, please note that the beds are doubles, not queens, and are a tight fit for two grown adults Staff was lovely and accomodating. Continental breakfast - decent. Location -- very close to campus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank DIANE N
San Antonio
Reviewed January 31, 2013

They have a indoor pool and hot tub. What more could you want from a hotel in the north. It is in a small town, when I asked the staff for advice on the city, they were very helpful. Clean non smoking rooms.

Room Tip: I liked the stay in the front looking out at the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked our stay at Sycamore based on other TripAdvisor reviews and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel was clean, neat and fresh just as I anticipated. I have issues with hotel rooms that feel like the venting systems just recirculate the air making the room feel stale. This was not the case at the Sycamore Inn, despite the fact that they still allow smoking in certain rooms. I could not detect any smoke in our room. The location is perfect, a few blocks away from uptown and the University. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I left a bag behind and the lady at the front desk was gracious enough to check our room to see if it was there and then offered to send it to me if I needed. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Pay attention to smoking and nonsmoking room designations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've stayed in most of the Oxford hotels visiting kids at Miami and recently stayed here. I am partial to newer hotels but thought the Sycamore Inn was fine. It's proximity to uptown is it's best feature if you want a hotel in walking distance.

The rooms could use updating but mine was clean and the sink is outside the shower/toilet area which I like. It has a pool, a nice but small breakfast area, and the Wifi worked well. My only complaint was the price. Paying $180+ per night for a budget hotel is painful, but an unfortunate reality of visiting Oxford on a busy weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank baseball_dad
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for the first time since our wedding night 11 years ago. The staff was very friendly and our room was updated and clean. The shower pressure was great and the bed was very comfortable. The free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast make it that much better. Plus, the location from uptown Oxford is perfect (nice, easy walk). We did not use the pool, but we did note that it looked nice and clean. Definitely a good choice if staying in Oxford!

Room Tip: We were in 203 at the top of the stairs. We thought it would be loud (as the stairs creak loudly whe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Needed to stay at this hotel for a week for a swim meet....staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms were exceptionally clean with microwave and fridge standard. Great price as well. Would highly recommend.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Comfort Inn Oxford
The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton

Been to Best Western Sycamore Inn? Share your experiences!