“Why can't they all be like this?”

Best Western Sycamore Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Why can't they all be like this?”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked our stay at Sycamore based on other TripAdvisor reviews and I wasn't disappointed. The hotel was clean, neat and fresh just as I anticipated. I have issues with hotel rooms that feel like the venting systems just recirculate the air making the room feel stale. This was not the case at the Sycamore Inn, despite the fact that they still allow smoking in certain rooms. I could not detect any smoke in our room. The location is perfect, a few blocks away from uptown and the University. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I left a bag behind and the lady at the front desk was gracious enough to check our room to see if it was there and then offered to send it to me if I needed. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Pay attention to smoking and nonsmoking room designations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've stayed in most of the Oxford hotels visiting kids at Miami and recently stayed here. I am partial to newer hotels but thought the Sycamore Inn was fine. It's proximity to uptown is it's best feature if you want a hotel in walking distance.

The rooms could use updating but mine was clean and the sink is outside the shower/toilet area which I like. It has a pool, a nice but small breakfast area, and the Wifi worked well. My only complaint was the price. Paying $180+ per night for a budget hotel is painful, but an unfortunate reality of visiting Oxford on a busy weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank baseball_dad
Kent, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend for the first time since our wedding night 11 years ago. The staff was very friendly and our room was updated and clean. The shower pressure was great and the bed was very comfortable. The free wi-fi and complimentary breakfast make it that much better. Plus, the location from uptown Oxford is perfect (nice, easy walk). We did not use the pool, but we did note that it looked nice and clean. Definitely a good choice if staying in Oxford!

Room Tip: We were in 203 at the top of the stairs. We thought it would be loud (as the stairs creak loudly whe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Needed to stay at this hotel for a week for a swim meet....staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms were exceptionally clean with microwave and fridge standard. Great price as well. Would highly recommend.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen J
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Best Western (Sycamore Inn) is a big step up from the previous hotel in which I stayed in Oxford, OH. The room was clean and is up to date. The staff was very nice and accomodating. The cookies and popcorn in the reception area were a nice treat. The pricing for all hotels in Oxford during peak times is too high and this hotel was no exception, but at least you got a solid, very quiet room (it was the weekend before school started and I didn't hear any noise inside the room, but I know it was quite noisy outside). It's not the Four Seasons, but is a solid hotel and beats the very disappointing hotel I stayed in previously (see earlier review for more info).

Room Tip: The hotel does not have an elevator so people with disabilities or difficulties climbing stairs shou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gad38
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our septic tank backed up on a Sunday, and the septic cleaning company couldn't come until Monday. With two teenage girls, and myself, and no bathroom or shower, we decided to spend the night at a local hotel. We called around, and Sycamore Inn had the best rate. We were very impressed with this hotel. Front desk help were so friendly, they made you feel like freinds, Free popcorn, & bottled water in the lobby. Hotel was very clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was good with several choices. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a very good deal for the price. The rooms are clean and the location is perfect for anyone spending any time in Oxford. The pool is indoors, so it doesn't really make me want to jump in during the hot summer months, but it is still available year round. The front desk staff is beyond fantastic. They are friendly and do everything to make your stay comfortable. I have stayed here for the past couple of summers and they always remember me even though it's been an entire year since I've been here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Comfort Inn Oxford
The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton

Been to Best Western Sycamore Inn? Share your experiences!