“Good food, decent prices”
Review of 45 East Bar & Grill - CLOSED

45 East Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were visiting my sister in Oxford and this one of the choices she gave us, after a drive through town (which we found adorable) we decided this was probably the safest choice. The cheese dip was different than any other restaurant I've been to and the pita bread served with it was especially delicious. All three of our sandwiches were really good and I loved the fact they turned the traditional caprese salad into a sandwich! The service was good and I wouldn't mind going there again next time I'm in town. We paid $42 for one appetizer, 2 sandwiches w/ fries and a chicken wrap w/fries. The portions were large and worth the price charged.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This restaurant had delicious food and our waitress Gina was the best. The portion sizes were just right. I ordered the Salmon Patty sandwich and onion rings and it was all cooked to perfection. We also got the wedge salad which was very good. Our waitress was one of the friendliest. She made sure that we had everything we needed. I will definitely go back here again when in town.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went here twice during our stay in Oxford. The first time we sat out on the little patio and had some drinks (at great prices!). Then, we went back for dinner. The food was very good and the waitress was very friendly. The drinks were made perfectly, too!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

After dropping our son off at school we stopped by for a bite. Not knowing it was happy hour we were pleased by the beer selection and pricing of their domestic draft beers. My ruben was a bit soggy but the bartender forewarned me. Overall a positive dining experience. Will go back next time in town.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Obviously, not all the reviewers agree, but this is one of our family's favorite eating places. The burgers are (in my opinion) the best in Oxford. The other dishes are at least decent (my only disappointment has been one of their large salads). Their specials are not that creative, but they always seem to have some desserts that our kids like (I don't think they are made in house, though).

Parking can be challenging, and the place is often packed when students are in town. The beer selection is good, although the Happy Hour specials are usually for cheap domestic brews. One minor challenge: the restrooms are way upstairs from the main bar and dining area. I have been to private parties that rented the upstairs area (which has another bar), and it's well designed for groups.

1  Thank jeffsm5111