“Good food and atmosphere”
Review of 45 East Bar & Grill - CLOSED

45 East Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Kent, Ohio
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went here twice during our stay in Oxford. The first time we sat out on the little patio and had some drinks (at great prices!). Then, we went back for dinner. The food was very good and the waitress was very friendly. The drinks were made perfectly, too!

Visited September 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

After dropping our son off at school we stopped by for a bite. Not knowing it was happy hour we were pleased by the beer selection and pricing of their domestic draft beers. My ruben was a bit soggy but the bartender forewarned me. Overall a positive dining experience. Will go back next time in town.

Ohio
“Great bar food”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Obviously, not all the reviewers agree, but this is one of our family's favorite eating places. The burgers are (in my opinion) the best in Oxford. The other dishes are at least decent (my only disappointment has been one of their large salads). Their specials are not that creative, but they always seem to have some desserts that our kids like (I don't think they are made in house, though).

Parking can be challenging, and the place is often packed when students are in town. The beer selection is good, although the Happy Hour specials are usually for cheap domestic brews. One minor challenge: the restrooms are way upstairs from the main bar and dining area. I have been to private parties that rented the upstairs area (which has another bar), and it's well designed for groups.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank jeffsm5111
Columbus, Ohio
“A Must Visit When In Oxford”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went as a family again this past weekend while in town for the Junior Olympics. I had the MEXI CLUB [a flour tortilla stuffed with turkey, bacon, fresh veggies, jack and cheddar cheeses combined with a homemade tex-mex sauce. served with chips, salsa and sour cream]. I could not finish it. What made the visit even more unique and special is we had Gina as our waitress. She was the show. After, that's how she rolls. Trust me if you have ever had Gina wait on you, you will remember it! She is worth the wait. Be sure to request her if available when you visit. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“I was expecting more.”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Ok, I know it's a sit-dwn restaurant in the heart of a college town... I was not expecting "five star service". I wasn't dissapointed. Service was mediocre... My drink was lukewarm, with very little ice. It took forever to receive the check. Refills were non-existant. But, our server, when we saw her, was very friendly. My companion's sandwich was "bland"... How can corned beef be bland? My sandwich was fine...I was impressed by how thinly they sliced the avocado. However, we did enjoy people watching... Get a table by the window for best viewing of inside and out.