The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our first impression as we pulled up to the hotel was exactly this. The gentleman at the reception desk was more than helpful. He answered all of our questions and suggested a few very nice restaurants for dinner. The lobby and reception area is very welcoming, with a large seating area/continental breakfast area. The rooms are very clean and accommodating. They have everything a traveler needs. Our visit to Miami University was complete with our stay at the Marcum! I highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed here for one evening while in town on a college visit. In addition to being a lovely hotel - it gave us the opportunity to really "experience" the college better. The hotel room was large and tastefully furnished...far exceeding our expectations. The beds were amazingly comfortable! The continental breakfast was typical and my only suggestion would be a few more tables...there are only 2. We did not have any problems with noise - but I'm not sure how busy the hotel was. We would definitely stay here again if my daughter ends up going to school here.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank dancergirlmom
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Wow! THE most comfortable bed I've slept on in a hotel! The lobby is not conveniently located in relation to the parking lot, and it's a bit of an uphill walk with luggage, but that's all that's negative about this hotel. The decor is upscale, from the carpet to the wallpaper to the furniture to the beds and pillows. You get more comfort than you'd expect for the price. The staff was fantastic. It's a great place to stay when visiting Miami U. It's a great place to stay...period.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for our daughter's orientation at Miami University. Very nice rooms, super comfortable beds and awesome bathrooms! Newly decorated too. Right on campus so it could not have been better. Will definitely return in the next 4 years.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Marcum is the perfect place to stay while visiting Miami University in Oxford Ohio!
Melissa at the front desk is the nicest person we met while in Miami. She is so welcoming- just a joy to speak with! Our room at the Marcum was very spacious, clean and quiet, everything I look for in a good hotel. Great location, right on the campus!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Booked an overnight (Friday night) with my son to visit Miami U. The lady who took my reservation over the telephone was hands down A+++, Polite, informative, welcoming, just the best. So based on this experience I thought the Marcum would be an easy winner and for the most part it was. Right on the northeast corner of the campus so park there and walk. It's only 20 minutes to the far west side of campus to where all the restaurants are located. 5 minute walk to Farmer business building where our tour day presentation began. The facility is very nice and I can tell they have put a lot of time and effort into maintaining the building and keeping it upgraded. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room for the two of us, no problem. The room, like the overall facility, is clean and upgraded (standard amenities) with a nice size flat screen, loads of channels, spacious desk, lounge chair, comfy bed. Clean upgraded bathroom. Breakfast is continental and I would say somewhat thin. Only knock is the other "guests". As this is a conference center with several separate functions going on that evening we had to listen to the girls until 2:00 am and even the pillow over my head could not drown out the ongoing "WOOOHOOO's" and door slams. So for a crummy night's sleep which made for a long day and tough 4 1/2 hour drive home I bumped the Marcum down to average but it really is above average. *****Inquire when making your reso what will be going on during your stay and maybe they can put you away from the night walkers.

Room Tip: Ask what conference functions are scheduled during your visit and get a room away from the college k...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cochango
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My son and I stayed here one night on a college visit to Miami. What a cute little town Oxford is! This hotel is in a beautiful location right on the edge of the Miami campus.

We had the "cozy night" package and were welcomed with a package of gourmet popcorn in our room. The room was a 1 bedroom suite, and was decorated very tastefully, although as has been noted the bathroom is a little small. Note that there don't seem to be any movies available to watch or rent, unless we were doing something wrong... just regular TV.

The hotel was not crowded at all, so parking and getting breakfast were very easy. I can imagine more challenges if the place was full. Our room was very quiet all night.

The gentleman at the front desk was just lovely. He took great pains to go over restaurant suggestions and give us directions. Nice midwestern hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
1 mi away
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton

Been to The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University? Share your experiences!