“BBQ Joint Worth the Detour”
Review of Smokin' Ox - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokin' Ox
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Fort Wayne
“BBQ Joint Worth the Detour”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We recent drove from Cincinnati to Indiana on state roads instead of interstates on a whim. Our gamble paid off. In search of a BBQ joint, we came across the Smokin' Ox in Oxford, Ohio, home of Miami of Ohio University. We bellied up to the bar and were greeted by not only a friendly staff, but the owner himself (Shawn). Despite working nonstop all weekend (graduation parties), he was still upbeat and energetic enough to answer all of our numerous questions. All food and sauces are made in-house. The BBQ sauces were fabulous. They were all gluten-free as well. My favorite was the mustard sauce. Looking forward to stopping again soon.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sawtom

Oxford, OH
“So disappointing!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I really wanted to like this place! I was surprised by the lack of seasoning on anything- especially the ribs. These ribs are served dry with sauces at the table - not my favorite to begin with - but there just was not one redeeming dish on the menu. I was there with a group of four, we all ordered varied things to share and experience. The group consensus was 'this is a miss - not a hit'. The only bright spot was the Texas rolls- those rocked.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank nm3481
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food,good time!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I took my family of seven there. The service was good. The pulled pork is out of this world. The cornbread got a thumbs up from the kids.My wife was impressed with the dressings for the salad.
The dry rubbed wings were a nice change of pace from the standard Buffalo wings. We will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2012
Oxford, Ohio
“Pulled Pork Lover's Dream”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Their pulled pork is good, but that is about all that is good there. The environment isn't anything special-its good for something casual.

Visited April 2012
Oxford, OH
“Good Barbeque, great value”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Smokin' Ox is a nice neighborhood kind of place. They have a great food at lunch, a good beer and surprisingly good wine selection. The food is always very good and there is a lot of it, I never finish the fries and usually get the great slaw. It is certainly worth the visit

Visited October 2012