“Have a student at Miami? Great place to stay for a visit!”

Hampton Inn Oxford University Area
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Have a student at Miami? Great place to stay for a visit!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

As others have said, this is a new hotel. The service team has come together and does a great job of making you feel at home. We just visited and go there just ahead of a snowstorm. They have an underground parking lot the size of the hotel footprint which meant no scraping or shoveling! The lobby/breakfast area is large, bright, and relaxing, and the breakfast is normal Hampton Inn but prepared with a loving touch. Rooms are big and clean, and the staff is very helpful. In addition, there is a salt water pool downstairs. The hotel is about four blocks from downtown so you have a wide selection of places to eat and entertainment. I just wish it was there when our children went to Miami !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Tried to block rooms here for my wedding which was in March, so we called in December trying to get some rooms. The person at the desk said no problem, he'd let the manager know and she'd email us with details/confirmation. My fiance called a couple weeks later, we got the same response. Neither of us received a call or an email. Called again, they said there are no rooms. Went in, they told us they could give us 10 but that was all they had left - others had blocked rooms. (Probably was us, but they couldn't figure this out.) Said the manager would call us back to confirm. NOTHING. Finally went through 1-800 number for Hampton and managed to get 7 rooms in a block. Only 4 of those 7 rooms were filled, for some reason they said they were all booked. On my honeymoon, I found out that I was charged for 4 rooms that weekend at this hotel. The math doesn't even make sense, since 4 rooms were used! But two people were able to pay for their own rooms, and reserve their own rooms in this block... SO confusing and frustrating. Called and discussed this mistake - thinking it would clear up - front desk worker and manager (who wasn't there at first) were extremely rude and unwilling to see my point. Called 1800 number again and am waiting for corporate to take over this issue. Corporate called the manager and gives her three days to respond to the issue directly to me, and she didn't. I just hope I get my $500+ back from the hotel where we never stayed nor planned on staying. This manager doesn't know a thing about running a hotel. Never had such a horrible experience with a hotel in my life. :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Albany, Ohio, USA
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Brand new. The only problem are the walls are thin. My daughter and I could hear snoring from the next room over. The staff was so nice. The breakfast was good. Had coffee and tea all day. It was a great location to Miami University.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! Brand new, very clean, nice employees that truly understand customer service. I booked this for a group and they were great to work with. The beds were comfy, and I love that they wash the duvets between guests. Very close to Miami University. The only complaint we had from our entire group of about 30 people, was that the hot breakfast could have been better. Food was plentiful, but it consisted mainly of dry premade bread items, some fruit, and terrible cheese omelets. Had bacon one of our 3 days there, and it was very good. Despite the issue with breakfast, everything else was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank B C
Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hampton in Oxford is very nice and I highly recommend it. It just opened in Nov 2012 so everything is brand new, very clean etc. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very nice. Standard Hampton breakfast is included. Price is very reasonable. Location is very convenient to Miami University (just behind Patterson's Restaurant and CVS - I highly recommend Patterson's also - breakfast is great!). They have covered parking in the rear which would be handy during bad weather. There is a nice pool on the lower level. They call it a "salt water" pool....this is just an alternative to using chlorine...otherwise it's a normal pool. Internet access is included which is nice. We are so glad to have more hotel options near Miami Univ!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Comfort Inn Oxford
The Marcum Hotel & Conference Center at Miami University
Courtyard Hamilton
Courtyard Hamilton
#1 of 1 in Hamilton

Been to Hampton Inn Oxford University Area? Share your experiences!