“decent place to pass out”
Review of Butler Inn

Butler Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed September 22, 2013

stayed over night while in town for the uc/miami game, not the best looking place, but for the price, i couldn't complain, beds were clean, bathroom had seen better days but for 5 guys, it served its purpose for a place to pass out after the game

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Upon walking into the room, I could not figure out if the mattress was lumpy or the comforter! HUGE MOUNDS all over the comforter. I closed the door and could see light all around the door~there was NO deadbolt (you park outside door) and no chain lock, and just a simple lock that you would see in your home behind a bedroom door! The shower had good water pressure and hot water but I bought flip flops at Walmart down the street to wear in shower!! I also bought bells to hang on entry door to alert me if someone broke in and air freshner too!! I had no other choice in town since Best Western, Comfort Inn and Baymont was full :(

Found out about www.airbnb.com after I paid. I'll try that out next time!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank bellaramstein
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have never bothered writing a hotel review, but thus place was so disgusting I feel compelled to try to warn others. Despite paying $100 a night ($15 would have been too much), this place was an absolute dump! The place is completely run down, and it is clear they make no attempts to try to keep the property updated. My biggest complaint is the horrific smell. The room was overpowered with a smell of urine, mildew, and smoke. Spraying a bottle of my own scent spray didn't even make a dent in the room's odor. The room just felt creepy and nasty. Let's just say it was so bad that at 2 in the morning we physically drove to every other hotel in Oxford begging for any open rooms and were willing to pay for another room in addition to our $100 already paid at Butler Inn. Since all other hotels were sold out, we were stuck sleeping at the Butler Inn. We slept with our pants tucked into our socks, and ours coats over the pillows as we were too grossed out to be touching anything. I did not sleep much as I felt so disgusted and also keep waking up frequently due to the smell--and I am not normally sensitive to smell. Save your money and sanity and DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank LuvTraveling333
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I paid $101 for this room for one night. I got the key went to my room, the door to the room had pry marks and dents from someone trying to get in to the room before. There was dirty clothes in the closet and trash in the drawers of the tv stand. The smell in the room was unbearable, I had to go to walgreens to get disinfecting spray because the smell in the room was so bad. After spraying the room, trying to get the tv to work but never did, being there less then a hour I couldn't stay there any longer. I had the "heebee jeebees". I asked the rude manager to refund me my money but he refused to he wouldn't even negotiate a partical refund. So instead of staying here I opt to take my chances with sleep deprivation and drive the rest of the way. This has been the most AWFUL, NASTY,CREEPY, DISTURBING place I have evr had the misfortune to encounter.

Room Tip: Choose someplace else
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank fancyfanny
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Reminds me of the verison commercial...the towels are kinda scratchy. Last room available for father's weekend...cost $85.00 nite..Nasty, I opted to sleep at my son's house with his 8 roomates, my son's house is a pig sty, but cleaner than Butler Innn. I only used the room to shower and change cloths. At any price, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank o_h_i_oCincinnati
Reviewed April 12, 2009

While staying at this Bates Hotel looking place from the movie psycho, I decided to lean against the window to use my telephone. The windows were made out of easily combustible plastic and the window broke. I immediately thought to myself, "is this a joke?" How can a place like this not have been broken into when the windows are less sturdy than a Paris Hilton relationship. I then immediately notified the manager and they told me the replacement cost was going to be $500! What a scam this place is. There were cardboard cutouts covering holes in the wall. There were visible holes at the bottom of the walls in the bathroom making me think mice lived there. The lock to the bathroom didn't lock. Anyways, I ended up paying $200 for a window that cost 25 cents, and I would never ever recommend you deal with the rude people that work there, or the terrible rooms they supply you with.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank sickyranderssss
Reviewed March 18, 2009

OK it is not the Ritz, alright it isn't even a Holiday Inn. It is an old motel that needs a good handyman. But the basics were ok. It was clean, everything worked except the hot water which would come and go at will. We got the room that wouldn't lock from the out side, we decided that we were not in a high crime area and if they needed our cloths that bad oh well. All the door needs is a strike plate and a couple of long screws. Like I said this could be a nice little place if they hired a handyman.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank Thumb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Comfort Inn Oxford
The Elms Hotel
The Elms Hotel
#4 of 8 in Oxford
Best Western Sycamore Inn

Been to Butler Inn? Share your experiences!