Quarter Barrel Brewery & Pub
Cuisines: American
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My family enjoyed a nice dinner on the patio in front of the restaurant. The server was friendly and knowledgeable.The food was excellent. The lavosh or flatbread pizza makes for a delicious and filling appetizer. The specials that evening were swordfish and the Cajun shrimp with grits. I was lucky enough to taste both and they were surprisingly good. They also have a decent selection of micro-brewery beers.

Visited June 2013

Cleves, Ohio
“So Disappointing”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I visited Quarter Barrel for my birthday and we came away disappointed. Our server told us about two specials; halibut and strip steak. My husband ordered the halibut and I ordered the strip steak. The halibut was an extremely small portion served over a medley of cold vegetables. My steak came smothered in onions and could have been more tender. We asked for bread and it arrived as we finished our meal. While the menus most expensive item was less than $20, our "specials" were $25 and $32; clearly overpriced for what we received. I'd avoid the specials. Actually I'd avoid this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Delicious & Affordable”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I went to Quarter Barrel with two other couples and we were amazed! They had both indoor and outdoor seating, and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We had the edamame with sea salt and soy sauce for an appetizer - it was only $4 and it was a heaping bowl!! We split the lavosh - it was a huge flatbread with bacon, cheeses, red peppers and green onions, with some kind of balsamic drizzle. It was only $12 and it was the best flatbread! My husband also ordered a salad and a beer. We only paid a total of $36 in total (including 20% gratuity), and it was completely worth it! We will be going back again very soon!

• Visited April 2013
Brevard, North Carolina
“Best beer selection in Oxford”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

While they do not have the most beers on tap in town, the staff at Quarter Barrel always pick exceptional brews to showcase. Most of the styles on tap are seasonal or the latest and greatest from some excellent microbreweries. From pale ales to stouts there is always something for everyone. They also rotate in their own brew which is usually very good.The food is also well above the average fare in Oxford. The menu is limited in choices but always executed flawlessly. Make sure to inquire about any specials from the kitchen. The only complaint from me is Quarter Barrel is not kid friendly. I guess that goes with the territory, but a kids menu and maybe some kids books or games would go along way to bringing in more family clientel. That said, this is one of the best places in Oxford to enjoy a great beer and meal.

• Visited January 2013
Michigan
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Unique atmosphere, unique food, very good. This is uptown, not bar food, but has a full bar. Great for brunch, lunch and drinks. Have not had dinner, but I'm sure if they offer it, it would be very good. Nice new addition to Oxford.

Visited November 2012