“The Best Accommodation In Oxford”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
Maplevale Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Oxford B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Maplevale Farm Bed and Breakfast multiple times and by far it is preferable to any of the hotels in Oxford or the surrounding area. Immaculately clean, beautiful old large charming home with very comfortable bedrooms.We have stayed at all of the local Oxford hotels only when the Maplevale was not available and the experience was not nearly as enjoyable. In addition to the warm hospitality of the hosts, the gourmet breakfast is fantastic. Book far in advance or you will miss this great experience!
Steve & Renee
Denver Colorado

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Too expensive for the location and amenities. Rooms were OK, breakfast was small. John is a great storyteller and was generous with the coffee. The highlight of our stay was seeing a fox in the driveway. But really, $150 a night is ridiculous for a place like this. Note that it is several miles outside Oxford on a fairly busy highway.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank davidhstanley
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hosts at Maplevale, John and Malinda, could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. They are extremely knowledgeable of Miami U and the town of Oxford. The house is about 150 years old with a shaker decor with lovely antiques. The food was good and homemade. The B&Bs in Oxford are pricier than the hotel/motels, yet in my opinion they are not on a level of luxury to warrant this much of a premium.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fortunate for us that the local hotels were booked and we had the oportunity to stay at Maplevale. John and Malinda were very hospitable and a pleasure to visit with. Maplevale is a beautifull clean and comforable old home. Our room had a large private modern bathroom with a jacuzzi, comfortable love seat and bed. We enjoyed the home cooked breakfast prepared daily by Malinda while John kept our cups full of fresh brewed coffee.

Doug B.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Douglas B
Reviewed December 15, 2012

An early Christmas gift from my husband was a surprise trip to MU, my having not visited since graduation nearly 44 years ago. Maplevale was the perfect B&B with gracious innkeepers who know and appreciate the campus and community. Accommodations were beautiful and impeccable, and the breakfast menus should be published. Innkeepers John and Malinda (and Duke) are best of class.

Room Tip: The innkeepers will match you to the best room. They are professionals.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank P T
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was our second stay at Maplevale. I am a Miami alumnus and love to visit during hockey season. The first time we stayed here I wasn't sure I would like it, as I usually stay on campus (and this was my first stay at a B&B). Well, John and Melinda made me and my partner feel so welcome. Their house was beautifully restored, the rooms very clean, and the beds comfortable. Our recent visit this past weekend was no change. Both times we stayed two nights, and every breakfast was just wonderful. John and Melinda continued to be very gracious hosts during our second stay. I would not hesitate to stay here again. We look forward to our next visit!

PS. Not only is Maplevale convenient for Miami visits, it is also an easy drive to Cincy and other nearby towns.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jshayden
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My daughter arranged my stay at Maplevale Farm B&B. I normally stay in hotels. It was great!The home is located close to the university and was very clean, warm and enjoyable. John, Malinda and Duke could not have been more accommodating. Most comfortable bed I have slept in 20 years. The breakfasts were excellent. If available, I will stay there every time i visit Oxford. Thanks John and Malinda. I look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Larry