“Good”
Review of Comfort Inn East

Comfort Inn East
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

With the exception of the breakfast, there is nothing at all wrong with this hotel. Fortunately, there are plenty of restaurants nearby so if you don't like the breakfast either then go to one of them like I did. My wife and I got a suite for the night and we loved the stay. I would recommend this hotel and would have no problem at all with staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn East

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My room was at back of hotel. King bed very comfortable linens and towels great. Clean room, toilet seat mismatched,I didn't get my bed made or trash emptied....cleaning staff met me at my door and asked me hurriedly what I needed. maybe I should have said " everything "? IDK. TV control would only work when I got out of bed to shut off TV, both nights at 3 AM. Lol.. they did tack on $1.50 per day charge for safe I didn't ask for and. They did remove it promptly. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Despite being on a busy street, hotel was very quiet. Other than the T storms, I heard nothing all night and slept well. Wifi and cable, OK. Bathroom was very nice as was the room. Very clean. Small issue with my tv remote and ice bucket which were both fixed in a flash. good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for 5 days during the Magee Marsh Festival. Rooms offered plenty of towels, with daily changing. Breakfast was over the top, with hot, fresh eggs and sausage, the regular cereal, pastries, loads of fresh fruit choices, yogurts, and hard boiled eggs. Coffee, decaf and tea are available around the clock. This location was convenient to a variety of restaurants and wildlife refuges, parks, and Lake Erie. Staff was helpful. In mid-May it was too cool for us to use the pool. We had some rainy days.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Need I say more? We have stayed at many Comfort Inns in a pinch but this one, actually in Oregon, OH outside of Toledo, was hands down the worst we have ever had the misfortune of staying in. From the stale smoke smell to the shady characters also bedding down for the night, I RAN to the car bright and early at 7am. Avoid at all cost!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom B
KarenFromOregonOhio, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Tom B

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations on your recent visit. I would be VERY interested in knowing the issues you faced at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at our listed number.

Karen

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is one of the smaller Comfort Inn's but it is very clean and the staff is awesome (especially Michelle). Quick check in, a smile and helpful tips is what this grumpy old man needed after a pretty rough day. Centrally located amongst all your favorite independently owned restaurants and shopping nearby. I would recommend this hotel when travelling through the area.

Room Tip: First Floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank taframp

Thanks a bunch for the nice review - we look forward to seeing you again.

Karen

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Was supposed to be a special weekend for husband and I, what a waste of good money for a suite with jacuzzi. There were stains on the chair ottoman, pubic hairs in the tub..... and the bed was close to sleeping on the floor. When brought to the attention of the manager, her only solution was they would send someone down to "clean the tub". SORRY but that should have been done WAY before we arrived. Makes you wonder just how clean the kitchen was that they served food out of. NEVER again.....

Room Tip: my tip is DON'T STAY HERE in any room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
#9 of 17 in Toledo
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Northwood

Been to Comfort Inn East? Share your experiences!