“An excellent stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Farmington, MN
“An excellent stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Not only did we have a clean comfortable room, we had lovely bedding, a window that could be opened for fresh air, a very neat attendant taking care of the breakfast buffet, very thoughtful staff, a good breakfast, and such easy access to downtown Toledo where we wanted to visit the art museums. I wish all motels could take lessons from whoever manages this motel. Cleanliness, good air, quiet sleep, all make for a very satisfying stay. Besides, note the entrance to a motel......Is the entry swept and clean? Usually it speaks volumes as to how the rest of the establishment will be. We will return and we WILL refer people here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were going to be just passing through the area and found this hotel on the internet. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was large, but had some peculiar features. There was a small kitchenette, but there didn't appear to be any electrical outlets in the kitchenette area and the mini-fridge was tiny and setting on the floor. This is particularly troubling for older people who have a problem bending over. There was a couch in the room, but the TV was not facing it and the TV was permanently attached to the top of the bureau upon which it was setting. We had to physically move the bureau in order to sit on the couch and watch TV. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was the usual Choice Hotels breakfast, tasty and plentiful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ L
Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a great stay. The hotel is close to the highway and access to lots of shopping and restaurants. The room was nice and clean and breakfast was good too. The staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. Patty the girl that checked us in was very helpful. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrnMrsBeach
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had to make last minute arrangements for a hotel for the Toledo Lighthouse Festival. Wanted something close to Maumee State Park where the festival was. Comfort Inn was clean and had a freindly staff. It was a very hot weekend and the halls were warm and muggy, but the room was cool. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Located across the river and just a few minutes from downtown Toledo, this property was perfect for our needs. Easy access in & out, minimal traffic in the area, plenty of restaurants nearby, and rates lower than what you would pay in the “city.” We stayed here to attend one of the Toledo Mud Hens minor league baseball games and it was easy as can be to get to Fifth Third Field. All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful answering questions. The room looked like it had just been totally remodeled and when I inquired as to how long ago, they told me “about two years ago.” The carpet in our room looked like it was brand new. The king size bed was super comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows. Everything was spotless. This is not a huge Comfort Inn so the breakfast area was smaller than some other facilities but it was more than adequate to handle the breakfast needs while we were there. The attendant was always doing something to re-stock the food or to keep the area clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Price fair, breakfast good, everything clean and worked, mattresses and sheets deluxe. The staff seemed pleasant. The only problem: exit on west side of motel is about 11 inches above the sidewalk, no warning, steel door, so my wife exited and fell--could have broken her leg. Should be a ramp at this door in my opinion. My wife and I have never seen a steel exit door with that sort of sudden drop off in a commercial building.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel963
Swanton, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I called Jan 5th. for the 19th ( talked to Tonya) and asked for a handicapped smoking room, was told the handicapped rooms were non smoking, I explained that I was handicapped and my husband just had hip replacement, there was no elevator, just stairs, So they put me in room 138 with a confirmation number, I asked her if that was close to a door due to our handicapped, she said yes right by a security door that we can use our room card to open. (We had a very important party to go to, so would be in late). We got there and they argued with us about the room and number. Told us all smoking rooms were upstairs, *no elevator* so due to her giving us 138, Never told me it was non smoking, which they changed when we got there, she said it was farther from the door, and non smoking, If I would of known this I would of made plans for another motel, or would of made other plans, to have a ride back home, they made a very special occasion a night mare. Plus if I was going to go non smoking I would of took the handicapped room!!!! The rooms are very small, not much room to get a walker though, could not take a shower, Very bad experience due to incompetent workers. Plus they never told us that we would be charged 50.00 for smoking in room.

Room Tip: I thought I made the plans for a good room and it turned into a disaster, evendently booking in adva...