“Great Deli”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Leawood, Kansas
“Great Deli”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very good subs! I had the broadway and was very impressed. I also had a piece of carrot cake and it was also very good. I'll be back soon!

• Visited June 2014

Sylvania, Ohio
“Three Words For This Place: Quality, Fresh, Variety”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I tripped across this place by accident. I was lost and hungry so I stopped and I'm glad I did. The first thing you get to know is the quality of the ingredients. I'd say at least Boar's Head quality maybe a step or two better. Really. I've tried almost of their offerings and the quality is in every meat and cheese they serve.

Fresh is the second thing you notice. Everything is made to order. THE BREAD IS AWESOME! Sitting there at lunch, I've heard from their customers say that even catered items are as fresh as those made in the store. Pam and Jessie lead the catering team and have many years experience providing counsel and advice to their patrons.

And finally, variety. They don't have one Pasta Salad they have 4 or 5 (try the Bacon Bow Tie). They don't have one Potato salad they have 3. Name your meat, name your cheese, name your bread, name your condiments - they have it.

Perhaps the secret is the on-site owner. He's working with his staff to produce the best product possible.

Hours are 8 AM to 8 PM Monday - Saturday. Closed Sunday. Delivery for orders of $100 or more.

• Visited May 2014
Toledo, Ohio
“bring back the foot long hotdog”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

i have been going to the big apple for years, my mom and dad would stop as a kid and get me a foot long with all the fixings ( bring it back please ) now we go for the fresh cut meats for the subs if you need a good meal and your able to stop you will see fresh is better

• Visited February 2014
“Confusing menu, good sandwiches”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Went to Big Apple Deli in Oregon for lunch on a Tuesday. I had the Jets sub and my wife had the Broadway. They were both good deli sandwiches; much better quality ingredients than Subway. My son enjoyed his grilled cheese sandwich, but not the chili because it had mushrooms in it. :-( As a first time visitor I found the menu to be very confusing. They had 5 or 6 boards listing sandwiches, ingredients, and sides but nothing had prices. The only prices on the board were for a large sub and small sub. No mention of cost for drinks, chips, etc. We didn't know their ‘refill’ policy so we all left thirsty. I was going to advise that you figure out what you want before you go, but I discovered their on-line menu has no prices at all. The staff seemed very friendly so be prepared to ask.

• Visited January 2014
Toledo, Ohio
“Best NYC style deli west of NY!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This is my go to place in Toledo. I grew up going to NYC at least a few times a year as we had family there. I know my NY delis well and this is as close to the real deal as you get outside nyc. The food is wonderful and staff is friendly. Prices for sides can be expensive but they offer daily specials. I eat here often and its been tasty everytime. If your going to be in the area its worth the stop for sure!

Been to Big Apple Deli? Share your experiences!