“Good Food, A Little Pricey - Jalapeno Poppers Appetizer Excellent”

Cousino's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Cousino's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Oregon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Sylvania, OH
“Good Food, A Little Pricey - Jalapeno Poppers Appetizer Excellent”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went there for my husband's birthday at our son's suggestion who lives on this side of town. The place has a good reputation so I was excited. Our bloody marys were $6.50 each and came with a huge half kosher dill. At seeing the prices for the steaks we opted for lesser expense of 2 hamburgers for the guys and I chose the Thai Chicken & Shrimp. The Thai plate had a wonderful skewer of grilled shrimp and large, thin & tender slice of grilled chicken on a bed of rice with vegetables in a slightly sweet sauce. I was expecting more punch in flavor - it tasted "American-ized" but was good and very plentiful - it came with no sides. My husband's & son's hamburgers looked wonderful, each had a side of fries which turned out to be soft, rather than crisp - a disappointment to both of them. My son had a bowl of clam chowder to start which he said was average. Our table shared the Jalapeno Poppers which were huge, fresh peppers with cream cheese in a wonderful batter - served with raspberry dipping sauce. The jalapeno's were crisp green inside so packed the full heat of a raw pepper - something to keep in mind when ordering - We all thought this was the highlight of our meal. Since it was my husband's actual birthday, he was offered either strawberry short cake or bread pudding as a free dessert. He choose the strawberry shortcake which was simple, but good. Our waitress was attentive & thoughtful - we enjoyed her service. I would've loved to have seen Ahi Tuna,Scallops or Oysters on the menu.

1 Thank MrMrsHSylvania_OH

Ohio
“Bad food, Bad drinks, Bad service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ordered medium rare steak last night and received a well done. Ordered a dirty martini straight up and got a plain martini on the rocks. The waitress insisted on calling me "sweetie", "honey" and "dear". Hate that. The potato cassarole which has alwys been a baked, slightly lumpy potato in sour cream was nothing more than mashed potatoes that would be served in a nursing home.

2 Thank chefdartagnan
Oregon, Ohio
“Consistency”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I know we will get a great meal, fair price and friendly wait staff each and every time. You gotta try the potatoe casserole and I recommend the house salad dressing for sure.

• Visited March 2014
“Worst customer service ever.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have had lunch and dinner here many times normally the food is good but today I had to order it to go because I am caring for a terminally I'll family member. I ordered beef tenderloin meal. My tenderloin was burnt not just a little but a lot. My dinner rolls were hard as a rock and also burnt. My salad was almost all hard purple lettuce and shaved carrots not much green in salad at all. So I called I was pleasant and told the Manager what my food was like. She said all she could do is have me bring their rotten burnt food back over to Cousinos and they would make me a new tenderloin and rolls. I explained I could not drive back right now and she said sorry that's all I can do. So I am out $25.25 for the worst food ever. Fed it to the dog. I will never go here again because I feel they should have offered something else knowing I couldn't return. Perhaps a coupon or discount on my next visit. Well now there will not be a next visit for myself. But I will pass then onto others because no one should be treated like oh well too bad for you ..you are stuck with the crappy food.

3 Thank rachael414
Oregon, OH
“Good solid restaurant”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've eaten at Cousino's many times and have never been disappointed. However, I am an early diner - usually getting to the restaurant around 5:30 so they are not overly busy and I can get seated right away. I'm not a steak eater, but I can always find suitable choices. The Lake Erie perch is always excellent. The Fettucine Alfredo is good and when I'm in the mood for a burger, I always go for the Cousi burger!

• Visited January 2014