“Where's the fish?”

Cousino's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Cousino's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Oregon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Oregon, Ohio
“Where's the fish?”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Have gone to Cousino's for years. The menu has become very limited. Not everyone eats beef or chicken and the menu has an abundance of them. The menu must be expanded to include more fish entrees. A favorite entrée was a grilled tuna that is no longer on the menu. The service has always been good. Unless the menu if updated, I will no longer frequent this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

“Everything in town was booked for New Years Eve but we managed to get in here - will be going back again.”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I made reservations online for 6:15. I got a call to let me know that being it was New Years Eve, we may still have a wait when we arrived. The place was packed! There was hardly anyplace to stand. We did have to wait about 45 minutes. The entire time I found the staff outgoing and friendly. Our waitress was great and our food was out if this world! We got fried veggies and spinach dip as appetizers. Our table got the filet, lobster, country fried steak and sirloin. All the food was very good. The lobster was a bit small but very good. As busy as they were, everything was very hot and we were served in a timely manner. We will be going back here again for sure.

• Visited December 2013
Tiffin, Ohio
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We made reservations for ten people on the 26th. of December. We were seated right away and drinks were ordered and food order taken. Our service was great and the food hot and delicious.
We had plans to see an event at the Huntington Center at 7:30 p.m., and made it there in plenty of time.
We will certainly make this our "prior to the show" dinner stop in the future.

• Visited December 2013
Toledo, Ohio
“This place has slipped horribly”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

20 years ago Cousino's USED to be a good palce to go eat. Either my tastes have become more discriminating or Cousino's has gone way downhill. I really think it is the latter. We went there this past Sunday afternoon and we were suprised when the lot was empty. We thought we were just fortunate to have hit it at a good time. We know better now... the food is not good.

My husband and I both ordered the house special steak, which used to be very tasy. It is now a tough, poor grade of sirloin beef, one step above shoe-leather. It was served on a sizzling hot plate which continued to cook it to well done before we were finished with it. A warm plate is good, but a sizzling, hot plate continues cooking, people...!!!!

The rolls and salad were good, but the fries I ordered 'extra crispy', came out very dark brown as if they SHOULD have been crisp. But, they were straight out of a steam table. What kind of a chef serves limp, soggy, greasy fries? One that doesn't care. I couldn't even pick them up ... they broke in two from being so soggy and heavy with moisture and oil. My husband's casserole potato, which used to be very tasty and flavorful was nothing more than mashed potatoes with some dried celery flakes in it. Some of the flakes were still dry and chewy. They were overflowing all over his plate with some sour cream kind of goop on top. We were so disappointed. I showed my waitress my fries and she shrugged and walked away. So much for customer service.

We certainly WON'T be going back. Too bad, too. It used to be one of the nicest restaurant on the east side. Now it's just low-grade diner food. What happened?

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank suchaprincess
Northwood, Ohio
“Horrible service”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The waitress was unbelievably rude,It got so bad that I was ready to tell her off and walk out but I kept my cool. I forget her name but she was a heavy set woman with a dark pony tail. She needs to be fired,People do not deserve to be treated like that. Never stepping foot in there again!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Johnaa191

Been to Cousino's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!