Last year, I had a less than satisfactory stay at the HI Express Oregon. I spoke with manager Stacy then, and she gave me some Priority Club points and promised me things would be better next time. I took her word and decided to give the place another shot. I'm glad I did. At check-in, I found out as a Gold member, my room was upgraded to a suite. A very nice gesture. When I got to the room on the third floor, I found out it wasn't the typical suite I have stayed in at other properties, but a jacuzzi room! I was so happy I wanted to thank Stacy personally, which I did.
The entire staff was very friendly, always greeting me. Even the housekeeping staff on the first floor was very friendly towards me. Have to say the Friday overnight guy was great in arranging a late checkout for Sunday. Didn't catch his name, but a really great guy to talk to.
The only problem I had didn't affect me personally, but there were people smoking on the first floor between the elevator and breakfast area. I mentioned it to David at the front desk before heading out for the evening, and he took care of it. Certainly not the hotel's fault some people don't bother to follow the rules!
Everything went great, and the next time I plan an overnight stay in the Toledo area, this will be my location. This just proves that giving someone a second chance can really pay off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a hotel near Toledo? Consider staying at our Oregon, Ohio hotel located just 1.5 miles from downtown Toledo and near I-75, I-280 and Route 2. We are an eco-friendly, non-smoking, "Green" hotel. Our staff is dedicated to providing outstanding service and quality amenities to business and leisure travelers alike. For business guests, we offer a 24-hour business center with a computer and copy, print and fax services, as well as 1,500 square feet of meeting space with audio/visual equipment. In Toledo, businesses like BP, Sun Oil, Daimler Chrysler and St. Charles/Bay Park hospitals are minutes from the hotel.Leisure travelers enjoy our hotel's property in the Toledo area because it offers easy access to the new Casino, The Toledo Zoo, Huntington Center, Sundance Drive-In Movie Theater and Fifth 3rd Field. Plan a day for riding the 17 roller coasters at Cedar Point Amusement Park or relaxing at Maumee Bay State Park while you fish on Lake Erie, the "Walleye capital of the world."With a complimentary, hot Express Start breakfast bar, and free access to our on site and off site fitness centers, you'll feel at home while visiting Toledo. Our hotel's sparkling indoor pool and whirlpool are great places to relax at the end of the work day or your latest adventure in Oregon, Ohio. There are several great restaurants and a lounge next door. All hotel accommodations have free wired & wireless Internet access to keep you connected while you "Stay You" at the Holiday Inn Express hotel Toledo/Oregon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon Hotel Oregon
- Holiday Inn Oregon
- Oregon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon Ohio