“GREAT VALUE”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Fort Myers, Florida
“GREAT VALUE”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have a lot of family in this area and grew up here. This hotel is great, and I always recommend it to people visiting the Toledo-Oregon area.
There has been some mention of liquor store nearby - that's because I believe the owners of the liquor store built the hotel. It is NOT a sketchy or questionable neighborhood! Oregon is a nice, family raising area that happens to have a liquor store with a hotel next door!
This hotel is perfect for those heading on to Cedar Point and visiting Maumee Bay State Park. Also, handy for business people as easy on and off to Interstate system.
My personal experiences with this hotel have been great - it is always clean, friendly and helpful staff, and well appointed rooms!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review and for the nice description of this area. I agree with you that it is a nice, safe, family friendly area. I not only work here, I also live in Oregon.
My staff will love hearing how you praised them! I agree with you that this hotel is a great value for business travelers as well as pleasure travelers. Thank you again, and I look forward to your next stay.
Stacey Wiseman, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stay at this location at least once a year in August to attend a family reunion and also to visit Cedar Point. This hotel is in a great location with places to eat and shop nearby. It is about 30-45 mins from Cedar Point and only 10 mins from a great state park on Lake Erie. It is certainly not the Ritz, but we have always found it to be clean and the staff friendly. In fact, based on our experiences her we are willing to stay at other Holiday Inn Express' and always find them to be comfortable and consistent. Our family enjoys (as do the other guests) the breakfast every morning. The pool and Jacuzzi area is not that large, but it is easy to keep an eye on the kids.

The three star rating is not a knock, but I think that is what they are shooting for. They are as advertised, a clean, friendly hotel and reasonable rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you come back each year. We welcome your stay next year.
Mt. Clemens Michigan
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose this hotel because it was close to the Toledo Zoo and the new casino. Although we were a little bummed about where the hotel is located, we were very impressed with the hotel itself. We booked a jacuzzi suite, which was great! It had the biggest jacuzzi tub Ive ever seen in a hotel room before! The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was great, and the staff was friendly. Although we didn't use the pool it looked nice and clean to us. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for the terrific review. I hope that you won lots of money at the casino. It's nice being one of the closest hotels to the Hollywood Casino as well as the Toledo Zoo. I also agree with you that our Jacuzzi Suites are amazing! Thank you for all of your compliments on my staff and the hotel. I will pass them along to everyone. They work so hard at making this a great hotel, its nice to get such positive feedback.
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is situated right next too a liquor store and it the ugliest property ever. Then after we checked in, we went to the pool which was FREEZING. The pool room was dirty, lights were out, pool was dirt colored and needs replace. The exercise room had dried sweat on all the machines and the glass wall besides the machines, gross. The breakfast was so gross we went to Bob Evans down the road. I would NOT stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you didn't have a good experience during your stay. The pool pump did in fact break recently. It did take a couple of days to get a new pump. When the pump broke, it stopped the heater and the circulation which is why it may have looked dirty. The pool is normally at the State Required temperature 85 degrees which seems to be comfortable for most of our guests. I can assure you that the new pump is working very well now and the pool is warm, clean, and well lit. As to the Fitness Center being sweaty, it is cleaned several times a day. There are also bleach wipes in the fitness center to disinfect the machines. I eat breakfast here every day and have never found it to be gross. We pride ourselves on the variety of choices on our breakfast bar as well as the freshness of the food. The Convenience store next door no longer sells liquor, it now stocks fine wines. I do hope that you try us again, I am sure that you will have a wonderful experience.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Clarissa went above and beyond her job. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile? She informed us of the priority club which we signed up for. We were there to go to a concert at the Huntington Center and when asked how far it was she produced a map with direction on how to get there. She also informed us on the parking and roughly the cost to park. She also told us how to get to Tony Packo's and suggested going to the original restaurant on front street. We are planning a summer trip back to Toledo and plan to stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. The room was clean and no one was running down the hall wall. The breakfast was hot and filling. Pool was clean and just at the right temperature. I would recommend this hotel to others. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the terrific review. I will be sure to show it to Clarissa. She will be so excited! I am glad that you had such a wonderful stay here. I agree that we have a spectacular staff. They go above and beyond daily! I look forward to seeing you on your return trip.
Genoa, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Needing to finding a local venue to host my daughters baby shower at a time of year when the weather is unpredictable, I hoped to have it at a hotel with a community room. After making dozens of calls and learning I would not be allowed to even bring my own cake (or any other foods); I called the HI Express in Oregon and was delighted to find it was perfect! Not only did Stacey (Mgr.) met with me that very afternoon but promptly respond to my emails when I had any questions. Our family & guests commented just how wonderful & attentive the entire staff was that day. Many even said they were not aware that anything like this was available. This location is truly a "Top Ten" in our book. Sue Z.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! It was great having your party here. I will pass on your glowing comments to my staff. They love getting compliments. I am so glad that your event went so well. We hope to have you back soon.
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A very comfortable place to stay while out of town on business. The staff and desk people were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was better than most other places I've been. WiFi worked alot better than most.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scott g
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I agree that we have a terrific breakfast. I am also glad that the internet worked well for you. We recently made some changes to it in order to increase its speed.
Stacey Wiseman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
#8 of 17 in Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!