Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
$72
ComfortInn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Oregon)(Great Value!)
$90
$56
  • Breakfast included
$50
Priceline
All reviewsrecently stayed at the holiday innbeer storefront deskbirding festivalevery eveningother hotels in the areabusiness or pleasurecommon areasbreakfast areai highly recommend this hotelclean roomsstaff was very friendly and helpfulpool and hot tubnice roomtoledolobbybirders
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is situated right next too a liquor store and it the ugliest property ever. Then after we checked in, we went to the pool which was FREEZING. The pool room was dirty, lights were out, pool was dirt colored and needs replace. The exercise room had dried sweat on all the machines and the glass wall besides the machines, gross. The breakfast was so gross we went to Bob Evans down the road. I would NOT stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you didn't have a good experience during your stay. The pool pump did in fact break recently. It did take a couple of days to get a new pump. When the pump broke, it stopped the heater and the circulation which is why it may have looked dirty. The pool is normally at the State Required temperature 85 degrees which seems to be comfortable for most of our guests. I can assure you that the new pump is working very well now and the pool is warm, clean, and well lit. As to the Fitness Center being sweaty, it is cleaned several times a day. There are also bleach wipes in the fitness center to disinfect the machines. I eat breakfast here every day and have never found it to be gross. We pride ourselves on the variety of choices on our breakfast bar as well as the freshness of the food. The Convenience store next door no longer sells liquor, it now stocks fine wines. I do hope that you try us again, I am sure that you will have a wonderful experience.
Stacey Wiseman, GM

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Clarissa went above and beyond her job. We were greeted at the front desk with a smile? She informed us of the priority club which we signed up for. We were there to go to a concert at the Huntington Center and when asked how far it was she produced a map with direction on how to get there. She also informed us on the parking and roughly the cost to park. She also told us how to get to Tony Packo's and suggested going to the original restaurant on front street. We are planning a summer trip back to Toledo and plan to stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. The room was clean and no one was running down the hall wall. The breakfast was hot and filling. Pool was clean and just at the right temperature. I would recommend this hotel to others. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for the terrific review. I will be sure to show it to Clarissa. She will be so excited! I am glad that you had such a wonderful stay here. I agree that we have a spectacular staff. They go above and beyond daily! I look forward to seeing you on your return trip.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Needing to finding a local venue to host my daughters baby shower at a time of year when the weather is unpredictable, I hoped to have it at a hotel with a community room. After making dozens of calls and learning I would not be allowed to even bring my own cake (or any other foods); I called the HI Express in Oregon and was delighted to find it was perfect! Not only did Stacey (Mgr.) met with me that very afternoon but promptly respond to my emails when I had any questions. Our family & guests commented just how wonderful & attentive the entire staff was that day. Many even said they were not aware that anything like this was available. This location is truly a "Top Ten" in our book. Sue Z.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review! It was great having your party here. I will pass on your glowing comments to my staff. They love getting compliments. I am so glad that your event went so well. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A very comfortable place to stay while out of town on business. The staff and desk people were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast in the morning was better than most other places I've been. WiFi worked alot better than most.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank scott g
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for the nice review. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. I agree that we have a terrific breakfast. I am also glad that the internet worked well for you. We recently made some changes to it in order to increase its speed.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been to the Toledo area about a hundred times in my life, but only rarely spend the night in a hotel due to the close proximity to my home. I stayed at the HI Express Perrysburg last year and it was good, but this time decided to stay in Oregon due to the deals being offered and the closeness to downtown Toledo.

I am very familiar with the Navarre Ave corridor, but even I had a somewhat difficult time finding the place because it sets so far back, and the signage isn't placed as well as it could be. The hotel is indeed wedged between a liquor store and CyberCafe strip center and a bar. It's not a sketchy area like some have claimed, but I question why it was placed here. Parking is lacking too- I had to park in another lot and walk over the second night.

There are restaurants and stores a plenty in the area- between the Navarre and Woodville Road corridors you have most everything you need. Downtown is about five miles NW via the high level bridge. I-280 is also about a mile away.

Now, the inside. I was greeted by David who made checkout easy. I am a Priority Club Gold member, so I am entitled to two free snacks and water. It did slip his mind, but when I reminded him he apologized and gave them to me. No big deal.

For some reason I was given the handicapped room at the end of the hall. The plus is it's a suite with microwave and fridge, which is more than what I paid for. The negative is there is no tub- just a large shower stall. The coffee maker is in the bathroom too... Seems a bit odd.

TV was fine except HBO did not come in. I called David at the desk and he informed me the modem needed to be reset. He called the cable company and informed it it was about a five to ten minute process. Around that time, he called my room to see if the problem was fixed, which it was. Major props to him for actually calling back to make sure things were good. He knows how to take care of his guests!

The Internet, however, was very slow all night. I eventually went down to the lobby and talked to Clarissa the overnight clerk. She told me she would call the company and see what the issue was. About 15 minutes later, I called back and she informed there was a full house and too many people were using it, but I was welcome to use the business center or lobby because it is faster there. I went to the lobby and she gave me a free water and snack for the inconvenience, plus w chatted for a bit about the area. Being down here so much, I can blend in very well with the locals when it comes to locations, events, etc. Anyways, the hotel needs to invest in more bandwidth for their Internet!

No major conversations with the rest of the staff other than checkout. I did not see the manager at all- she must have had the weekend off.

Business center only had one computer but several local guides of restaurants, locations, etc. Did not use the exercise room but it looked standard. Breakfast area was good and well stocked.

While some areas of the hotel were good, there were more problems. Besides the slow Internet which never sped up, the water pressure in the shower is very weak, and not only that I found a used bar of soap near the shower head! The housekeeper obviously missed this.

Way too much noise from the hallway and the door leading outside. I had trouble sleeping the first night because of it. The only reason I slept well the second night was because I got in at almost 3AM and was exhausted. This is another area that needs to be addressed.

The pool itself was fine, with a 5 foot deep section and decent water temperature. Size is about typical of HI Expresses. Spa itself was fine too. However, they were located in a horrible area, in a room surrounded with glass right next to the driveway and the liquor store! Anyone can walk by from outside and look, and at least one person did. Just terrible placement, almost like it was an afterthought.

With the price of $82 a night before taxes, with all the issues I had this was not worth the money. If you could combine the positives aspects of this hotel and Perrysburg (read my review from last year), you'd have a great place, but as of right now, I'd choose the latter and drive the extra five to seven miles for downtown events, and pay a lower county room tax.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Keith B

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am sorry we did not live up to your standards. I hope you will give us another try to make up for it. We have just increased the bandwidth, and extended the parking lot. We do have a 10PM curfew for all minors. I'm sorry if it was still too noisy. A quick phone call to the front desk can help alert us to any noise problems so that we can do something to fix it.