“Good clean hotel, quiet rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
Ohio
“Good clean hotel, quiet rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice in November and was very happy with the accommodations. The rooms appeared to be very quiet and were also clean. Desk staff were very friendly and I spoke to the manager to arrange the reservation and she was very helpful as well. If you need accommodations in the area I would stay here without hesitation

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank OhioGuy34
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you had nice stays here at the Holiday Inn Express in Toledo/Oregon. I will pass along your compliments to the entire staff. They will be thrilled. Feel free to call me anytime for any help with your future reservations.
Stacey Wiseman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Convenient to anywhere in Toledo that you can hope to be. Clean rooms, pleasant staff.
There is a liquor store across the parking lot that has a very nice beer and wine selection.
There is a Papa John's in the same parking lot.
Or you can go to the hibachi grill.
The pool was colder than I like.
The main road takes you straight to Sandusky.
Excellent value for the money.
Average breakfast, but stay far away from the pancake machine. Tasted like plastic.

I'll be frank. The plaza the hotel is located looks rough, especially when you're first approaching on a rainy night. Oregon is just one of those suburb cities that dot northern Ohio. There's nothing extraordinary about the area: just supermarkets and chain restaurants. The main advantage of this hotel is you can get anywhere interesting fast. I originally looked at staying at the big hotels in downtown Toledo. I glad I didn't bother. Very overpriced at the time I was looking at them, and there is not much around them to do. Especially since this hotel is only 10 minutes away.
If you have to be in Toledo, this is your best bet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for wring such a nice review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your return trip. Next time, you might like visiting one of the three state parks located nearby.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was one of the better values I've had in hotels. The hotel lobby is quite elaborate for a HIE, the desk attendants were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were a notch nicer than the average. Overall, one of the better hotels I've been in and for a great price.
And, it's very close to the refineries and other industries nearby, so very convenient and close to a variety of restaurants and only a short drive to downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review. It is wonderful to hear such a glowing report from a guest. I will pass your comments along to the rest of the team. I hope that you come back soon. My staff is putting the finishing touches on the 10 foot Christmas Tree in the lobby. If you thought the lobby was nice, wait to see it now!
Binghamton, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very nice hotel. Extremely clean! Workers are friendly and very helpful! I would stay here again. I can't comment on the breakfast because I slept in daily, but I'm sure it's your average hotel breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hi43616, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your nice review. I am sorry that you didn't get to enjoy our breakfast. It is a wonderful hot buffet breakfast. We also have "breakfast to go bags" at the front desk if you miss breakfast. Hopefully, next time you wont go hungry.
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we wanted a clean and comfortable place to sleep. This hotel looks brand new and is very clean and modern. The rooms were a good size and the bathroom was impeccable. We were out all day at the area parks and nature preserves so we weren't interested in the pool, etc, though that area looked nice. The staff in the lobby was friendly and helpful. Check in was fast. When I had a complaint (people above us letting their kids run up and down the halls after midnight) the front desk handled it immediately. The hotel, like some other Holiday Inns we have stayed in, is oddly tucked in the back of a retail complex but we had no issues with parking nor with outside noise. We were just a short drive from Maumee Bay and an hour or so from the islands and nature preserves as well as other state parks. There are plenty of restaurants and stores nearby as well.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for the great review. I agree that our hotel is located in a great place to explore. There are several State Parks close by along with other fun venues. There is even a drive-in a couple of blocks away. I look forward to your next adventure at the Holiday Inn Express in Oregon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Forget the negative reviews. The hotel is 100% non-smoking, and the hallways and lobby did not smell like smoke. I would complain if they did!

Great room with 2 comfortable queen sized beds.Very clean. Hotel appeared to be fairly new.
Flat screen TV. 1 hour from cedar point going the back way (Rt 2).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice review. We have been a non-smoking hotel for nearly a year. We have worked very hard to clean the smoking areas. It is an on-going process and we will continue to deep clean this hotel. I look forward to your next visit.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the holiday inn express for 2 nights and had a very safe and trouble free time! nice and clean area for breakfast which had everything you could ask for, our room was very clean and bed really comfy, bathroom was bigger then most other hotels, we were in town for the toledo zoo and mudhens game. highly recommend both! also went to the local drive-inn just 3 minutes down the road! hotel is located in a nice area close to everything, the sports bar yeehaws just next door is really nice and safe!! great place to go to watch some sports and have a beer! the hotel staff were very friendly as well as the cleaning ladies! kids (teenagers) loved the pool and sauna area! also lots of shopping to be had in the area! would surely stay again at this hotel next time!
Thanks for the wonderful time holiday inn express,
The Renauds

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your terrific review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you found many of our fun local venues. Next time, you might enjoy the art or science museums downtown. Your family may also enjoy visiting one of our State Parks that are close by. Pearson Park is just a couple of blocks away. I hope to see you soon.
Stacey Wiseman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Park Inn Toledo
#9 of 17 in Toledo
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toledo West
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon? Share your experiences!