I stayed at the HIE Oregon for business this past week.
The hotel is is back off the road traveling in and was a bit hard to locate . I passed it before finally seeing the sign.
The hotel is bordered by a restaurant, a bar , internet gaming place and a liquor store.I was a bit concerned by the surroundings but made my way in .
Number of folks waiting in the lobby. Rooms were not ready even though it was past 3pm. The front staff was polite and handling things well. Housekeeping staff were shorthanded that day and the hotel was booked . My wait was only ten minutes , I received my Priority member benefits and was off to my upgraded room.
My room was clean, cool and comfortable. Throughout the 3 day stay that was consistent and appreciated. Inside the hotel, was always clean and the staff was always polite and helpful.
I had to travel multiple times per day to another location for my business meetings,I could never overcome the surroundings. The trash area for the bar was right beside parking by the hotel and the smell in the summer heat was awful. Evening arrival had some shady characters at the back of the bar....not a very secure feeling for a hotel guest. Customers going to the liquor store and the gaming facility also caused some concern. Parking for the hotel puts you in the same area as those 2 businesses. Again, inside the hotel was fine. If my wife or family had been with me, I would probably have looked for another facility immediately.
I know a business cannot control its neighbors. The hotel staff did their jobs well. For me, that cannot overcome the concerns that the surroundings caused me to have. I would look elsewhere in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a hotel near Toledo? Consider staying at our Oregon, Ohio hotel located just 1.5 miles from downtown Toledo and near I-75, I-280 and Route 2. We are an eco-friendly, non-smoking, "Green" hotel. Our staff is dedicated to providing outstanding service and quality amenities to business and leisure travelers alike. For business guests, we offer a 24-hour business center with a computer and copy, print and fax services, as well as 1,500 square feet of meeting space with audio/visual equipment. In Toledo, businesses like BP, Sun Oil, Daimler Chrysler and St. Charles/Bay Park hospitals are minutes from the hotel.Leisure travelers enjoy our hotel's property in the Toledo area because it offers easy access to the new Casino, The Toledo Zoo, Huntington Center, Sundance Drive-In Movie Theater and Fifth 3rd Field. Plan a day for riding the 17 roller coasters at Cedar Point Amusement Park or relaxing at Maumee Bay State Park while you fish on Lake Erie, the "Walleye capital of the world."With a complimentary, hot Express Start breakfast bar, and free access to our on site and off site fitness centers, you'll feel at home while visiting Toledo. Our hotel's sparkling indoor pool and whirlpool are great places to relax at the end of the work day or your latest adventure in Oregon, Ohio. There are several great restaurants and a lounge next door. All hotel accommodations have free wired & wireless Internet access to keep you connected while you "Stay You" at the Holiday Inn Express hotel Toledo/Oregon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon Hotel Oregon
- Holiday Inn Oregon
- Oregon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon Ohio