“Maumee Bay State Park Cabins are Fabulous”

Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stay at these cabins whenever I'm in the Toledo or Detroit Area for business. They make work seem like a vacation. The cabins are spacious and nicely decorated with a screened in porch and two additonal porches.

There is ample opportunites for exercise from their pool to paths for hiking and biking.

this is a beautiful property and very friendly staff

Room Tip: They have Pet Friendly rooms and some that are more remote and private which I like. Cabin 23 is gr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for your positive comments about our cottages. In the spring, we plan replace all of our cottage furniture with new furniture. The fireplaces really help to make those cottages cozy in the winter time. Thanks again for the comments!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to Maumee Lodge last summer and just loved it. My husband and I took our 7 year old granddaughter and enjoyed it so much that we went for a few days after Christmas and also took our daughter. It is a very family friendly place with many gathering areas. You don't have to spend your free time cooped up in a room. (the rooms are clean and cozy, though) The whole lodge is beautiful and the outdoor areas are great. There are pools, beaches, play areas and daily activities. The main restaurant has good food and a basic breakfast buffet. There is a snack bar that we think has great food, BUT you never know when it will be open. One other thing I can say that recommends this lodge - My granddaughter frequently remarks out of nowhere that she loves going to the lodge. We will be going back a few times a year from now on. It is only about a 2 hour drive for us and no plane fare. Love you Maumee Bay Lodge!

Room Tip: rooms 119, 121, 123, 125 all open into the outdoor pool area, but the second floor rooms have balcon...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dilee47
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Wow! thanks for the terrific review! Now that I'm a grandparent I also like taking the grandkids away to the Ohio State Park Lodges. A few years ago we added our children's softplay area and splash pad in the indoor pool and the reviews have been great. Families just love all of our lobby space and recreational options. I'm so glad your family found us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed one night at a cottage in January. It was an excellent value, the staff were friendly, and though hardly any other guests were there (weather and middle of the week), we enjoyed our stay and the staff was very helpful. Excellent facilities for cooking, relaxing, and sleeping. Very nice and a great value.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for such a nice review. I agree, the winter is the best time to enjoy our cozy lodge. Our 3 fire places in the lobby make it easy to find warmth. Also, we seem to see more deer and even eagles during this time of year.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

excellent value very clean rooms beautiful common areas and a really nice pool area. The play areas for the children was great. We had a positive experience in the dining room both for dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: rooms in the rear have a nice Lake view and patio
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann M
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for such a great reveiw! I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff. We are lucky to have a resort-style Lodge with so many indoor activities during the winter. Best wishes for a Happy New Year and hopefully you can visit us again in the summer when our many outdoor activities are available.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a very nice lodge located in lovely surroundings. We were there for a conference and decided to stay at the lodge rather than make the 1.5 hour drive back-and-forth. The lodge was not busy this time of year (November) so it was not at all crowded, enhancing the enjoyment of our stay. We were checked in very quickly and were able to find our room fairly easily. We had a standard two-bed room as this was seemingly the standard accommodations offered. Nonetheless, it was adequate for us. The room was clean and reasonably spacious with a patio that faced the lake. The amenities, including the WiFi, worked quite well during our stay. The bed was fairly comfortable allowing for a good night's sleep. I tried the restaurant for breakfast. They offered menu service and I found it to be relatively good with reasonable prices. The best part of the lodge was the accessibility to the state park, which offered a hike through wetlands and beautiful views of the bay. There was nothing near the lodge in terms of shopping or dining, but there were some decent options within a 10 - 15 minute drive. The room rate was actually very good (less than $100 per night on average) for what we experienced. Overall, I would recommend giving this lodge a try for a weekend getaway in relaxing surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review about our lakeside lodge. Being located inside of a State Park makes it so easy to relax and enjoy nature. Just this morning I saw at least 15 deer with 2 of them being bucks. On Friday I spotted 2 bald eagles. Our 2.5 mile boardwalk is one of our biggest attractions. Thanks again for noticing all of our good stuff!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at this hotel. Many of my guests booked rooms. The very first mistake they made is they did not put us all in the same wing or even hallway. The rooms were expensive and were very medicore small rooms. They make you book through a 1-800 number only in which they messed up my name and I recieved many complaints from my guests stating they couldnt find our wedding room block as they told them it didnt exist on the hot line. This took 6 phone calls too fix as they changed it 5 times incorrectly before I called maumee bay to have the manager call the 1800 number to get it straight. I later found out our names were mis spelled on our contract by maumee bay which led to this. The hotel requires you to purchase a room for the night just for your groomsmen and bridesmaids to change as they dont offer a changing room. After the reception I carried my bride into our suite at 11pm and was greeted by an old lady across the hall yelling at us to be quite and then followed by a hotel worker complaining to us at our door that we were too loud in the hallway. Keep in mind we were just talking at a normal volume as I was carry my new wife to our suite in whats supposed to be a romantic time. We enter our room to be greeted by nothing special from the hotel no champagne no flowers no cards. There was a huge picture that you could tell once hung from the wall that wasent there just screws hanging out of the wall. Also, they put us in a parking lot view room on our wedding night at this hotel which has lake view rooms. After that we then go to join our family in a get together of about 10 people in a room. Walking in the hallway you couldnt hear anything but then upon entering our guests told us that security and park ranger had came in the room stating they were making to much noise opening and closing the door. The park ranger threatened all my guests saying that they will all be kicked out of the hotel and will pay for taxis if they were drinking. He also said everyone will recieve a ticket for disturbing the piece. Keep in mind this wasent a rageing party this was a room full with my grandparents aunts uncles and some cousins. Security then sat outside the room for the rest of the night waiting to hear a noise so they could remove everyone from the hotel after we spent almost 20k getting married at this hotel. So all my guests decided to go to bed to keep from recieiving a ticket. I never got to mingle with all my out of town guests as a result on my wedding day. I couldnt have been more disappointed. My family still jokes to this day about how terrible their stay was. So please save your money and your time. Stay far away from this place. You will be treated way better at litterly any other hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelPro419
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and tell us about your experience. Even though there are 2 sides to every story, you are our guest and only your side of the story really matters to me. I do sincerely apologize for any and all issues that you experienced during your wedding. I’ve investigated the situation and where possible, we have already taken steps to insure that problems like this do not occur in the future. We host about 50-60 weddings a year and the vast majority of them have no problems at all. I truly regret that your special day did not go as you had hoped. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. Please feel free to contact me at 419-836-0011 if you have further concerns.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We enjoyed an overnight visit on a Saturday with another couple. We both took advantage of an upgrade to Lake view rooms for a nominal charge. The facility is great and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We also enjoyed the hot tubs in the pool area which were clean and perfect temperature. We will be looking forward to staying there again as we'll be attending our District Rotary Conference there in May 2014.

Room Tip: Opt for lake view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CatawbaCats

I'm so glad to see that our staff was able to take care of you and your guests. Thank you so much for letting everyone know about our fantastic resort. We have successfully hosted thousands of groups in the past and we'll excited to once again host the Rotary conference in May. Be sure to bring your binoculars since May is an awesome bird watching time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Oregon
Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel

Been to Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!