“Poor refund policy”

Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Oregon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Wouldn't refund my stay even though I cancelled in time because I couldn't verify the credit card I used to book since I had stopped using that particular one. Can't believe they wouldn't work with me even though my friends and I spent plenty at their restaurant and bar.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 6636robert
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for reaching out to us about the issue you had with getting a cancellation refund. I apology if we didn't follow our refund policy correctly or create any problems for you. Without knowing more particulars I am unable to specifically address this issue. If we can work this out, we must certainly will. Please call Maumee Bay Lodge at 419-836-1466 and ask for the General Manager and I would be happy to talk with you and make any needed adjustments. Thank you, Patrick Czarny

There are newer reviews for Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed a peaceful, comfortable stay. The lodge had a special offer of "$65 for 65 years of age or older", which made it a really great deal. The grounds, lodge, beach and walkways were clean and the scenery was very pretty. The view of the lake from our room was very nice as it faced northwest so we enjoyed the sunset. We rented bikes and enjoyed the smooth pathways and foliage along the way. The only thing we did not enjoy was the breakfast. The omelet was great but the potatoes, coffee and the very hard dry toast were not to our liking. We would stay at this lodge again and recommend it to others. Toledo is very close so we went to the art museum and ate dinner at Tony Packo's.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view away from the pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frankandrosie
PATRICK C, Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We really appreciate your kind comments about our Lodge. Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about Lodge and surrounding area. The trees are just starting to turn color now so the boardwalk will be a popular spot over the next 2-3 weeks.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I regularly visit Maumee Bay State Park as a day visitor. It is about 20 minutes from my home, so there has never been a reason for me to stay at the Lodge or cabins. When my son announced his wedding plans, I decided to check out the cottages for my out of state/out of town family members. It was the BEST idea ever!

I rented the 4 bedroom cottage. It sleeps up to 13. There were 11 of us that stayed and we were quite comfortable. It was warm enough that a couple of us slept out on the screened porch!

The bedrooms contain an assortment of bunk beds and full size beds. The common area in the downstairs was perfect for gathering and socializing with the amount of people that we had. Though the kitchen area was small, 2 people were able to work side by side in preparing the meals.

Renting the cottages also gives you access to the swimming pool in the main Lodge.

We were able to hike, enjoy the gift shop and the restaurant while we were there. The Sunday brunch was fantastic! The staff throughout the facility were friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for a great getaway with friends or family, this is the place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful score and comments about our Lodge and the cottages! Most of the time families will share the same cottage and save on expenses. We can't wait for you to visit again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Maumee Bay State Park is one of my favorite Ohio state parks. Wanting to celebrate a major
birthday with my sisters-in-law, who were also encountering the same age, where better to share the joy ! Walking the trails, exploring the lodge, and bike riding along the lake paths, what fun!!
All enjoyed birding and nature watching from our very private and comfotable cottage. Swimming
in the lodge pool and a little ping-pong rounded out our visit. No doubt about it, we will be back !!

Room Tip: Some cattages are connected by a wooden walkway. Great for large groups or families.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
PATRICK C, General Manager at Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for the great score and comments! I could not have worded it better myself. We have a great place here because we have the best of both worlds--the natural beauty of a protected wildlife park and the fun and activity of a resort style park. We can't wait to have you back again!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a great weekend at the Maumee Bay Lodge. We stayed at the Lodge in a Lakeview room. The view from the room was great - we could sit out on the patio and see Lake Erie as well as the little Lodge lake. We ordered room service for dinner to thoroughly enjoy our lake views. Dinner was delicious. I received a huge portion of walleye with excellent veggies and white cheddar mashed potatoes. My boyfriend had a linguine with seafood, and the scallops were cooked perfectly. We ate breakfast both days at the Water's Edge. The food was delicious and the prices were great. We ordered one of the bigger breakfast meals and were satisfied until dinner. We explored all the trails either on foot or by bike. The scenery was beautiful! The Wetlands Boardwalk was really impressive. We even saw a doe and her fawn! They had a couple conferences going on, but the facility was not overly crowded. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our Wifi didn't work in our room and they sent a tech immediately to help us. We booked our reservation as the AAA package (listed on their website) and it was a great value. I would have booked a little earlier to possibly get a better room rate. Overall it was a perfect getaway!

Room Tip: Definitely get a lake view room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank for such an excellent review. I agree, the Chef does a wonderful job. The seafood linguine is my favorite dish. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed many aspects of the lodge. Our location inside of a State Park makes it perfect to view all sorts of wildlife. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a group of friends, we had visited here a few times over the years, so two of us who are still local decided to stay for a "getaway weekend" to celebrate our Birthdays last month.
The property is outstanding! Beautiful scenery, great atmosphere on Lake Erie.
Staff was friendly and helpful. The only trouble we had was trying to call the front desk, we made several attempts, but didn't get through. We just stopped by the desk after our walk and got the information we needed. We asked for an extra laundry bag and toothbrush, and these were brought up to our room right away!
The breakfast was good/average, but the staff was friendly and helpful.
We loved all the activities the lodge has to offer, and took advantage of several of them. (swimming, arcade/playing pool, racket ball, nature walk, walk along Lake Erie, restaurant, etc)
We are already making plans to make another trip and to bring our families this time to experience more of what the lodge/property offers.

Room Tip: Next time, I would pay the little bit extra for the ocean view. It was nice to have a balcony, but w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I'll be sure to pass on all of your great comments about the staff here at Maumee Bay Lodge. I do appreciate the kind words you wrote about our Lake Erie resort-style Lodge. We look forward to the next time you visit. Thanks again for the great review!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We needed a getaway close to home and found that this was very enjoyable. Only stayed a couple days but the cottage was nice and we would likely go there again. The staff was friendly and the restaurant had good food. The cottage was a bit buggy but that could be addressed with more frequent treatment. Visit the nature center if you go here. Didn't golf or anything like that so can't say anything about that or the swimming.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and writing a great review. The Fall is the best time to visit and I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our great cottages in a natural setting. We hope to have new furniture n the cottages by next spring.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oregon
Beachfront Resort
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Oregon
Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon

Been to Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center? Share your experiences!