“one of the best in the winter time”

Maumee Bay State Park
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Oregon
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“one of the best in the winter time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

nature, quite , close access to Cleveland Toledo area, you can find tons of activities to do indoor or outdoor

Visited November 2012
1 Thank akbenli

Portage, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great camping destination!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The spacious and level sites, on-site electricity and nearby water sources make this a great weekend destination for us.

Visited June 2012
Toledo, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great fum for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

This park has it all. Beachfront, music events, cottages and campsites and a regular hotel. No matter if you like to rough if or be pampered, this park has it all. Great rustic sites and cabins. Great fun for the family

Visited November 2011
Toledo, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Monthly Get-Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We drive out to Maumee Bay State Park about once a month and enjoy all of the various things that each month and season has to offer.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Laurene M
Rittman, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked online and chose the bed and breakfast option. I wish I would have called to find out the exact details of what the package included, as I probably would have just skipped it. I was anticipating a few breakfast options like a buffet or room service. Instead I received two vouchers for $9 each at a cost of $23 for the package upgrade. The wait staff gratuity was included with the vouchers but even our waitress was unsure of exactly what her portion would be. If you spend more that the $18 face value you are responsible for the remaining balance. If you fail to spend the full $18 then no partial refund will be given. To my understanding there is a Sunday breakfast buffet where this may be of benefit. Otherwise I would just save my money an avoid this option. The food was just ok. I had the Cob salad for dinner and asked to substitute the grilled chicken for the fried chicken tenders and was upcharged $2.50. I expeceted as much but was still disappointed. I had basted eggs for breakfast and they were partially fried hard and the breakfast potatoes left a lot to be desired. On the bright side Kelly our waitress was exceptional.
We arrived at noon and were able to check in early which was greatly appreciated. The reception staff were very courteous and professional. The room was adequate and for the most part clean. Our shower curtain had mildew stains. The entertaiment amoire was awkward while opened. It partially obstructed the walking area at the foot of the beds due to a table and chairs that would not allow the door to be fully opened. I did like the fact that many of the products in the room were eco-friendly. The amenities were nice although the paint in the hot tub was peeling and the only weight machine on the 2nd floor exercise room was broken.
The park area itself is very nice with biking trails that we enjoyed. The marina and beach areas looked great as well.
I would stay here again but would look for other dining options in the area.

Visited October 2012