“Great brunch!”

Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We've been hitting The Feve for brunch about once a month. Served only on Saturdays and Sundays, the menu changes weekly to feature the freshest ingredients. Yesterday's visit did not disappoint. Mimosas for $5 are a great value, freshly prepared and nicely sized. I love the savory pancake option, and I was pleased to sample this week's Ginger Apple Chicken Sausage Pancakes with gouda -- no syrup or seasoning needed. With a side of veggie sausage, I was satisfied all day. My husband typically selects the Brunch Burger with a sunnyside up egg, which he loves, but he chose a Chili Veggie Sausage Omelet that was served with yukon gold potatoes and salad. He also ordered a cup of Black Bean soup and claimed it the best he'd tasted.

Go early because this place fills up. Service can be a bit too casual on occasion, which keeps me from giving it 5 stars. The food and friendly vibe make up for any missteps, however.

1  Thank bmaiden
There are newer reviews for The Feve

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The brunch menu changes weekly and they offer a wonderful selection of really good quality dishes. At 10 on a Sat it was easy to score a table, however I have waited in a long line in the past. The coffee was really good and never ending. Everything you need is already on the table i,e, syrup, hot sauce choices, cream, honey, sugar choices, jams, butter that is not frozen, etc.
The baguette served with the omlette was sooooooo good. Many of the dishes are served with a side of greens/salad which may seem strange to many but the combination of eggs, seasoned potatoes and fresh greens is really tasty. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ate brunch here on a Saturday. This is a popular place, so get here early. We did not have to wait for a table, but the wait for our food was on the long side. The brunch menu is apparently different each weekend and the selection was creative and interesting. Our food was delicious. Two of us cannot eat gluten and the waiter was very helpful in identifying which dishes were gluten-free. He checked with the kitchen to confirm.

1  Thank KayakUSA
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had brunch here recently, by myself, sat at the bar. The staff pretty much ignored me, I had to go to some length to get their attention to order, ask for coffee, etc. Never any check ins about whether the food was good, did I need anything else, etc. And it was not busy at all (maybe half of the seats at the bar were taken). I ordered the Mexican breakfast burrito, which the waitress didn't seem to be familiar with, or wasn't paying much attention, because she asked how I wanted my eggs done (how else besides scrambled can you cook an egg that's going into a burrito?). The food itself was adequate, but really lacked seasoning or flavor. Really nothing special.

1  Thank Fergus-and-Fiona
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great selection and food. My wife and I enjoy The Feve for lunch or dinner. Being near Oberlin College, the food selection is not typical of the typical box restaurants.Prices are very reasonable.

2  Thank Practical1234

Been to The Feve? Share your experiences!