“Best restaurant in a great town for restaurants”
Review of Weia Teia - CLOSED

Weia Teia
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Best restaurant in a great town for restaurants”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Asian fusion cuisine at Weia Teia is surprisingly sophisticated for small-town Ohio, and makes this the best restaurant in a town full of really good restaurants. Service at Weia Teia is better than average as well as friendly in the most unpretentious way. I've eaten here alone and with a large group, and every time it's been a memorable meal.

Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Pricey and pretentious”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went with family, who bragged about Weia Teia. We found it average at best, due to the poorly trained wait staff and the overly salty food.

As we sat down we told our waitress we had a time problem. There was only one other table occupied in the entire restaurant. After our meal was finished and we were waiting a long time for the check, the waitstaff could be heard giggling and talking in the back. Finally I had to call out to get any attention.

The food was ok, but nothing special and across the board too salty. The tuna tartare was good, but expensive. My duck breast was tiny and the chicken three ways was way overcooked.

• Visited September 2013
Ohio
“Upscale asian”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not as casual as the other restaurants in town so nice for a dinner. We understand from locals that the lunch prices are more reasonable. Cell phones don't work which can be an advantage if one wishes to be out of reach. The vegetarian choices were more limited than expected for dinner although the chef is willing to make changes. I'm not a tofu fan and the two choices were both tofu.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GeneseeOhio
Alma, Michigan
“Just average”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Weia Teia while we were in town due to the good reviews. However, we were slightly disappointed with our experience. First, we were sat at the closest booth to the hostess station and the bathroom. Therefore, it was rather loud and there were always people walking by our table. As this was our anniversary trip, the location really sucked any romance out of the meal. It took several minutes for anyone to come to our table to get our drink orders. My boyfriend ordered a Yuengling, but the waitress came back a short time later to say they were out. He then tried a Chinese beer which was rather tasteless. We ordered calamari as an appetizer. Although the presentation was nice, it was not good at all. It tasted like it came frozen in a bag like you could get at the grocery store. For our meals, I ordered the Vietnamese salad and my boyfriend ordered some parmesan crusted shrimp. A nice surprise was that we each got a free bowl of soup with our entrees. It was a corn chowder, I believe, and it had a good flavor but a very "eggy" texture like egg drop soup from a Chinese restaurant. My salad was very dry and tasteless, but after I asked for extra dressing and added that it was very good. My boyfriend enjoyed his meal as well. Overall, the entrees were good but the appetizer was pitiful. Everything was overpriced, but I'm just glad we went for lunch as the dinner prices would have been a huge rip-off. Our meal came to just under $40.

• Visited May 2013
Williamsville
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Oberlin is about a four hour drive from my home, and I'd almost return for no other reason than to dine at Weia Teia again. We had a wonderful dinner here. The food is great. Presentation is beautiful. The décor is nice. Service is friendly and competent. At our recent dinner here, we started with an appetizer sampler. Our favorites were the tuna tartare and the goat cheese ravioli, but everything was very good. For entrees we chose the chicken trio and butter chicken. Both were great.

• Visited May 2013