“Wow!”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Small town, excellent restaurant. Service was good, wine list a bit limited but the delicious food makes up for this point.

1  Thank JMM_11

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Weia Teia is the best upscale restaurant in town, hands-down. Don't get me wrong, I love the Feve, Tooo Chinoise, Aladdin's. Lorenzo's and some of the other super restaurants that are must-trys in Oberlin, but Weia Teia is the one I always take family or friends to when they come into Oberlin. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is intimate with private booths for most of the seating. The complex dishes are always tasty and fresh and presented beautifully - the service is usually pretty good, too, compared to most. I feel like I'm eating in San Francisco when I dine here and if you haven't tried dishes like their Chicken Cheesecake with homemade tempura-battered sweet potato fries or Romano Shrimp then you absolutely have to give this place a try! I always go for lunch (from $6 - $10) and they serve their delicious homemade soup with every entree. If you're someone who prefers burgers and fries then you might find their food too upscale, but I think it's a definite must-try restaurant if you're out in Oberlin.

1  Thank Darlene C
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is Oberlin's fanciest and finest restaurant, although there are several other that are excellent (Black River Cafe and Tooo Chinoise come to mind). I went there recently for a celebratory dinner with my daughter and we could hardly believe how good the food was. We shared an appetizer sampler - easily enough for 2 - and an asparagus salad, then had our own main courses. Each of us had to take leftovers home. Everything was delicious. The service was friendly and professional, the booth was comfortable, and the decor is pretty. The prices are higher than usual for Oberlin but justified by the high quality.

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We love Weia Teia and have from the time it was a funky little restaurant in a different location. The food is always fresh, tasty and beautifully displayed. I have even taken pictures of some of the dishes before eating. :-)

1  Thank celticwoman50
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were sent here by the folks that ran our B&B and our meal got off to a great start. We had a lovely salad (shared it) plus some fried calamari. Both were tasty. Then when the entrees came things went downhill. I had a seabass plate that was very complicated and wayyy too salty. My daughter had the chicken and like my entree, it seemed just too confused. We normally love all sorts of Asian food - Thai, Japanese, Korean whatever but this was trying too hard to be fusion or something but really was just trying too hard. The place is beauitiful inside and I would love to go back but would need to know what to order next time since I was pretty disappointed in our entrees (largely because they were rather pricey too)