“What a great find in Oberlin!”
Review of Black River Cafe

Black River Cafe
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Oberlin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Having dated a girl in Oberlin 40+ years ago, we both knew there wasn't anywhere good to eat. Of course, we were college kids at the time, so we couldn't have afforded a good place anyway. But now the Black River Cafe provides truly excellent food, with helpful service and good prices. That girl (now my wife) and I celebrated our 38th anniversary at Black River recently, while we were visiting Oberlin during a reunion weekend. The roasted beet salad was great, as was a very creamy and rich mushroom soup. We had the pasta special, porcini and fontina stuffed ravioli in a Bolognese meat sauce. What wonderful flavors!

There are newer reviews for Black River Cafe

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Visited Oberlin for the museum and got to try this location. Nice service, no long wait, good food and great price so no argument from us. If in town, we'll be back.

1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been to the BRC several times for breakfast and it never disappoints. Weekends can be a little crowded and seating is somewhat limited but I have never had to wait to long. The bloody Marys are great. My personal favorites are the eggs Benedict and a side of french toast or pancakes. The service is great, the food is great, therefore the vibe is great. Great place for breakfast if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

My SO and I have been to this restaurant a few times and we are in love with their food! Every time we have gone there we have ordered the eggs benedict that is on the specials menu that comes with an amazing hash brown! This is the best eggs benedict that we have ever had and no breakfast food can compare to it! We have also ordered the pancakes (they have many different flavors and they are all good) and today we ordered the french toast and they are both to die for! I usually get a mimosa and he gets a bloody mary, they are well prepared and taste great with breakfast! We love the atmosphere of this place and the staff is always polite and hard working!

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is the kind you return to again and again. The breakfast is exceptional. Service is friendly. It is the perfect college town eatery.