“Best Ice Cream in Oberlin”
Review of Cowhaus Creamery

Cowhaus Creamery
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Oberlin
Description: Cowhaus Creamery is a seasonally-inspired, ingredient-driven company that provides the people of our community with craft ice creams, sorbets and confections. We take our time. Every ingredient. Every technique. Every flavor has an inspiration and a purpose. At times we're a little off-the-wall, but we are very serious about food and what we do.
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Best Ice Cream in Oberlin”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This creamery is owned and operated by Oberlin College alumnus. The ice cream is all natural and fantastic! They have some really inventive flavors, and they are all delicious.

Visited June 2013

Elyria, Ohio
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

When I heard there was an ice cream place in Oberlin that made their own goodies, I couldn't wait to try it.
The space is large and open, but service was sort of matter of fact, which surprised me as most places in this college town have energetic, friendly servers (with a huge bank of student workers to chose from why not pick out the best?).
Anyway, with little help or information, I chose a combination of flavors for a cone and got my next surprise...a relatively small serving. It was like getting a couple of small tasting scoops. For $4 it was pretty disappointing.
The other thing that was disappointing was the lack of variety in flavors. Maybe they are better at other times, maybe I caught them at a bad time, but while the display case was full, the choices were limited as many of the flavors seemed similar.
Not worth the visit this time, but I'll try again before I give up on it.

Visited June 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Cowhaus concocts completely new and interesting flavors made with very high quality ingredients. A bit pricey, but a nice treat.

Visited September 2012