“Comfortable place to stop on a trip from NJ to Chicago”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oberlin
The Buckeye and the Frog
Ranked #2 of 3 Oberlin B&B and Inns
Summit, New Jersey
“Comfortable place to stop on a trip from NJ to Chicago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We like to stop in college towns when we travel because there are usually interesting places to stay and things to see. On a recent trip from NJ to Chicago we decided that Oberlin would be a good place to stop overnight and a quick search found The Buckeye and the Frog. Must say, I was hooked right away by the interesting name of the B&B. We had no problem finding the house; it was within an easy walk of the town where we were able to find a good place for dinner with no crowds to battle as it was the middle of spring break for the college. We were welcomed upon our arrival by the owner, shown our room and the common areas. The bathroom was updated; the room and bed very comfortable and spacious and private. The bed was a queen-size; we prefer king size, but the quality of the mattress was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were delighted to spend a weekend with our French AFS daughter at this beautifully appointed and lovingly restored Inn, just a block from the Conservatory. With gorgeously updated bathrooms, sumptuous beds, delicious and bountiful breakfasts (homemade granola, poached pears and quiche made from freshly laid eggs!) and warm hospitality from Dominique and Janet, we will definitely be back again! Our French AFS daughter also enjoyed the opportunity to speak in her native tongue with our gracious hosts. Merci!

nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We've been visiting Oberlin for 4 years and loved this B and B! The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom spotless and charming. Janet and Dominique were so gracious, warm and hospitable. The breakfasts were really tasty. The location can't be beat. This is a true find!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My teenager and I had a lovely stay here while on a college visit to Oberlin. You can park your car and visit "downtown" and the campus without having to get back in the car. Our room was spacious with an enveloping rocking arm chair. I appreciated the new bath. My teen appreciated the breakfast and the dog!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed for one night while visiting my daughter for her birthday. I had a fairly full itinerary with her. I was able to leave my car in their driveway/lot and easily walk everywhere I needed to be. I knew that I would not enjoy the full breakfast but had a bit of the lovely offering prior to meeting my daughter and her friends for brunch. I did have some time for some conversation during breakfast which was so interesting. This couple has such diverse background and experience; they are truly lovely hosts. They were quite adaptable and provided me with coffee furnishings for my room as I am an early riser. The bathroom had a heated floor which was simply delightful the first weekend in March. The bed was very comfortable. I am sending my husband for a follow up visit at the end of the semester. We are thankful that they have a room for him!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Janet M, Owner at The Buckeye and the Frog, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thanks, Jen. We would love for you to come back and have breakfast with us next time (bring your daughter!).
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Buckeye and the Frog is an excellent place to stay in Oberlin. The rooms are pristine and well-appointed, and have new bathrooms. Janet and Dominique Michal are the perfect hosts - they are attentive to their guests' every need but also respect privacy. They willingly offer recommendations for what to do in town as well as lively conversation. Located just a few short blocks away from Main St., the beautifully restored victorian house is convenient to everything in Oberlin.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in the Buckeye Room for 2 nights while visiting Oberlin on Junior Visit Day. The location is fantastic. We were able to walk to the campus and to the Main Street area even in unusually cold and snowy weather. This allowed us to get a much better feel for the town than if we had stayed farther away and had to drive everywhere. The Buckeye Room is small, but it was very clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. Although it's in a historic building, the bathroom in our room appeared to have been updated very recently which we really appreciated. The breakfasts were delicious and Janet and Dominique were very gracious hosts.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Janet M, Owner at The Buckeye and the Frog, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you, KB. So glad you enjoyed your visit here; we certainly enjoyed having you and your lovely daughter stay with us. Best of luck with the college search.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberlin
The Hotel at Oberlin
Days Inn Amherst
#2 of 2 in Amherst
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland/Sheffield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elyria

Been to The Buckeye and the Frog? Share your experiences!