“Wonderful, with a touch of France!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oberlin
The Buckeye and the Frog
Ranked #2 of 3 Oberlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were delighted to spend a weekend with our French AFS daughter at this beautifully appointed and lovingly restored Inn, just a block from the Conservatory. With gorgeously updated bathrooms, sumptuous beds, delicious and bountiful breakfasts (homemade granola, poached pears and quiche made from freshly laid eggs!) and warm hospitality from Dominique and Janet, we will definitely be back again! Our French AFS daughter also enjoyed the opportunity to speak in her native tongue with our gracious hosts. Merci!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We've been visiting Oberlin for 4 years and loved this B and B! The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom spotless and charming. Janet and Dominique were so gracious, warm and hospitable. The breakfasts were really tasty. The location can't be beat. This is a true find!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My teenager and I had a lovely stay here while on a college visit to Oberlin. You can park your car and visit "downtown" and the campus without having to get back in the car. Our room was spacious with an enveloping rocking arm chair. I appreciated the new bath. My teen appreciated the breakfast and the dog!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed for one night while visiting my daughter for her birthday. I had a fairly full itinerary with her. I was able to leave my car in their driveway/lot and easily walk everywhere I needed to be. I knew that I would not enjoy the full breakfast but had a bit of the lovely offering prior to meeting my daughter and her friends for brunch. I did have some time for some conversation during breakfast which was so interesting. This couple has such diverse background and experience; they are truly lovely hosts. They were quite adaptable and provided me with coffee furnishings for my room as I am an early riser. The bathroom had a heated floor which was simply delightful the first weekend in March. The bed was very comfortable. I am sending my husband for a follow up visit at the end of the semester. We are thankful that they have a room for him!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Janet M, Owner at The Buckeye and the Frog, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thanks, Jen. We would love for you to come back and have breakfast with us next time (bring your daughter!).

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Buckeye and the Frog is an excellent place to stay in Oberlin. The rooms are pristine and well-appointed, and have new bathrooms. Janet and Dominique Michal are the perfect hosts - they are attentive to their guests' every need but also respect privacy. They willingly offer recommendations for what to do in town as well as lively conversation. Located just a few short blocks away from Main St., the beautifully restored victorian house is convenient to everything in Oberlin.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My daughter and I stayed in the Buckeye Room for 2 nights while visiting Oberlin on Junior Visit Day. The location is fantastic. We were able to walk to the campus and to the Main Street area even in unusually cold and snowy weather. This allowed us to get a much better feel for the town than if we had stayed farther away and had to drive everywhere. The Buckeye Room is small, but it was very clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. Although it's in a historic building, the bathroom in our room appeared to have been updated very recently which we really appreciated. The breakfasts were delicious and Janet and Dominique were very gracious hosts.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Janet M, Owner at The Buckeye and the Frog, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you, KB. So glad you enjoyed your visit here; we certainly enjoyed having you and your lovely daughter stay with us. Best of luck with the college search.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband, daughter and I recently came to Oberlin to see our son's Junior Recital. We were so delighted that we booked The Buckeye and the Frog instead of a hotel. it was welcoming, comfortable and very convenient for the same price (or better) than a hotel. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay. Will definitely be staying there again the next time we come to Oberlin.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Janet M, Owner at The Buckeye and the Frog, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Better late than never, right? Thank you so much for the lovely review, it's much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oberlin
The Hotel at Oberlin
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#3 of 11 in Elyria
Cambria Hotel & Suites Avon - Cleveland

Been to The Buckeye and the Frog? Share your experiences!