“Great for groups”

Aladdin's Eatery
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Oberlin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have eaten here several times and always find the food to be very good. Recently we dined here with a group of 16 and the service was outstanding. The food arrived quickly. We split the bill up and they calculated everything accurately. It's affordable and in a great location.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

The service was good. I had the falafel salad. The falafel was fried so hard you could barely put your fork through it and the tahina dressing was bland and runny. Both were tasteless. It was a bad combo overall. I can make better falafel at home. Why pay for it here?

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently ate at Aladdin for the second time and found that it just doesn't do much for me. My husband and I shared a plate of tabbouleh as an appetizer, and it was very good - fresh-tasting and plenty for two. The pita bread that came with it was soft and nice.

But the falafel pita I ordered was barely warm at all and just not very interesting. Personally, I don't care for the way they toast the pita bread; to me it seems dry. I could hardly taste the hummus.

The location is great, though, right on the corner of Oberlin's two main streets which makes for good people-watching. Overall, I'm not sure it's worth it. There are definitely better places in Oberlin.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The food is defInitely good here on the corner in The downtown of Oberlin with creamy hummus and baba ganoush. In reality the baba ganoush should not be creamy but the flavor was good even if the texture was wrong.

The key attraction for me was the hummus because if you are a MIddle Eastern restaurant and you don't have a good recipe for hummus then you shouldn't be in business for long. In this case...it was definitely a good recipe without too much bite and absolutely no chick pea grit as it was blended smooooooth. Very good.

The uniqueness of the Middle Eastern restaurant is the complete lack of Middle Eastern decor in the place. I found that to be unsual. If you into a Chinese or Italian or Mexican restaurant you will see something of the area, region or country--but not here. It's as though didn't want you to think about it. Not bad. But interesting.

Also had the Kibbie and the shawarma and both were good. The slightly toasted shawarma is not authentic as I have had dozens of shawarma in the Middle East and have never come across one that is toasted until here.

Overall it was good eats and I would recommend it to a friend.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and I took our daughter there when we were visiting her in Oberlin in July 2012. The food was tasty and fresh, and the service was good. The hummus was particularly tasty. I had a "pitza," a pizza on toasted pita bread. I ordered one with chicken on it, and that's what it was -- toasted pita, with some grilled chicken on top. It would have been nice if it came with vegetables or something else to liven it up. The pita bread was good, but not great. All in all, a good restaurant, with an attentive waiter, with reasonable prices, but nothing spectacular.

1  Thank bswolfman