“A shelter from the storm”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oakwood Village
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A shelter from the storm”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last minute seeking shelter from a blizzard. Tucked way off the road, this place is quiet and out of the way. Your basic upgraded Holiday Inn: clean, good Internet, iffy TV channel selection. Everything worked; breakfast room very basic but you can fill up. Not a tourist destination, but if you need a room in this area you could probably fo a lot worse.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ohio
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were guests of this hotel during Thanksgiving weekend. We stayed a total of 3 nights. The front desk staff was very professional and helpful. Room was clean, although a bit small for 4 people, but that was minor. The only other complaint, if you want to call it that, was the the pool could have been a little warmer. The staff were proud of their work, always had a smile in their face, and were eager to make all guests as comfortable as possible. Great experience! We will consider this hotel in the future!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during an exhausting trip. We arrived at 1:30am. Lady at the desk had messed up the gentleman's bill who was checking in ahead of me. She seemed bothered that we were there. Room was $140 something plus tax!!!! If we had not been so tired I would have left. I asked why it was so expensive and she said I should have booked on-line. I understand but $40 difference was excessive I thought. Ridiculous price for and old room with nothing special. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Bluuegrassboy,

We appreciate your willingness to share your experience as this is the best tool we have to improve upon guest satisfaction. It is regrettable that you received an unacceptable service from our staff and for this I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make it right.

Irish V.

Travelers are raving about these Oakwood Village hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2012

When I checked in, I was told that I had a smoking room. Since I booked through Priceline, it costed me an up charge of $20 to get a non-smoking room. I travel for a living and this is the first time I was up charged for non-smoking. Once we get to the room, the door was open, the tv was on and the room only half cleaned with no one in sight. I generally am a person that is easily pleased and happy to have a clean room. However this experience was ridiculous and needed to be shared.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Cwilson934,

As always we are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and for any inconvenience the room rate, room accommodations and housekeeping services may have caused. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Quick trip to Cleveland area. Didn't want to stay in Cleveland but south of town. We found this HI Express. Very friendly staff under the leadership of Mr. Patel, GM. He not only directs his staff but also helps them! The full breakfast was awesome with the mainstay cinnamon rolls. Saw sign on interstate. Decent area with Sam's and Ollie's across the street. Other food, shopping nearby

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I can not believe this property got any good reviews. I travel for a living and this place make a motel 6 look like the Ritz. Do yourself a favor and drive 10 more minutes down the raod to the Hampton Inn. This was the worst Holiday inn I have ever stayed at and it cost $161 a night. The hotel was at least 20 years old and had NEVER been remoldeled. Wallpaper was falling off, furnture and carpet worn out, it was a dump. I had to meet a customer and had to drop off my stuff and run or I would have changed hotels. I actually checked the bed bug register to see if they had been reported! It is also located in a less than nice place in town.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Chuck P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Chuck P,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Lancaster, OH
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We needed to check in prior to the 4 pm listed time. This was a special request due to our extenuating circumstances, or we would not have asked. But the manager went beyond the call of duty and WELL beyond expectations to let us in a couple of hours early. We can't be more pleased at the email exchange, complete with not one but TWO contact numbers in case we had problems or needed more questions answered. The room was cool (thankfully!) when we arrived, and the room was indeed nonsmoking. We thought that perhaps a different room might be offered to us (smaller bed, smoking or some other change) since we needed special consideration, but no, the room was fully ready upon arrival. We have chosen this location as our hotel of choice when we (often) visit this area. We are grateful.

Room Tip: A/C is relatively quiet, shower head actually works well, towels had no lingering smoke smell as in...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
kvaibhavpate, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Ms. UT ( I remember who you are, but didnt wanted to mention it publicly :) )

Thank You very much for your kind words. I am thankful that you took our time and emailed us your request. With such an advance request, our team had enough time to work out an appropriate solution for you. I am glad you liked our establishment and hope for you to keep coming back at our hotel.

Thank You again for you kind words. We are blessed at this hotel to have such a kind and wise guests.

Vaibhav Patel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!