“Apogee of accommodation”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oakwood Village
Lancaster, OH
“Apogee of accommodation”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We needed to check in prior to the 4 pm listed time. This was a special request due to our extenuating circumstances, or we would not have asked. But the manager went beyond the call of duty and WELL beyond expectations to let us in a couple of hours early. We can't be more pleased at the email exchange, complete with not one but TWO contact numbers in case we had problems or needed more questions answered. The room was cool (thankfully!) when we arrived, and the room was indeed nonsmoking. We thought that perhaps a different room might be offered to us (smaller bed, smoking or some other change) since we needed special consideration, but no, the room was fully ready upon arrival. We have chosen this location as our hotel of choice when we (often) visit this area. We are grateful.

Room Tip: A/C is relatively quiet, shower head actually works well, towels had no lingering smoke smell as in...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
kvaibhavpate, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Ms. UT ( I remember who you are, but didnt wanted to mention it publicly :) )

Thank You very much for your kind words. I am thankful that you took our time and emailed us your request. With such an advance request, our team had enough time to work out an appropriate solution for you. I am glad you liked our establishment and hope for you to keep coming back at our hotel.

Thank You again for you kind words. We are blessed at this hotel to have such a kind and wise guests.

Vaibhav Patel
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is a great hotel closed to downtown Cleveland, but far enough away from noise and traffic. Although there is nothing (shopping/restaurants) close by, they are within minutes away

Room Tip: nice friendly staff, free breakfast, and complimentary beer and snacks on Monday night!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
kvaibhavpate, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Hello,

I am Vaibhav Patel, GM at the Holiday Inn Express Oakwood Village. Thank You very much for taking out time to write about your experience. We highly appreciate your business and your kind words.

Please let us know if we can be of any help. We hope to see you again whenever your travel plan brings you back to the area.

Vaibhav Patel, CHA
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Again, stayed here for one night last night (13th February 2012). Upon arrival the receptionist was charming. First thing was to put a wash one - lady on reception (same as at check in) was helpful in getting change and finding the room. We then went into the pool which was heavily chlorined and could only stay in for about 10minutes - the whirlpool was lovely. The sauna room wasn't switched on and after being on for 30minutes was still freezing!!

I then went back to reception to get some more change for drying my laundry and the night porter (female) was on the guest computer - it took her 10minutes to turn around and ask what I was after (I thought she was a guest as she saw me walk to reception and didn't say anything.) I ask for a dollar in quarters and was told she didn't have any...which seemed strange to me. She then tutted and muttered as I was walking away...meaning my clothes remained wet without any quarters for drying and an unhelpful receptionist!

In the morning we were due to leave at 10am. As i was walking down the corridor to reception I noticed there were a lot of rooms propped open with cleaning trollies in the corridor. When i got to reception all of the cleaning staff were at reception chatting leave guests rooms open with their items on full view! Then all the staff went back to work and it took 5-10minutes for someone to appear on reception so i could check out. Looking at his name badge her was the hotel manager...wow!!

I then had to return to reception to get a receipt for another room we had used and the receipt was given. It took a few moments for the same guy to arrive and print the receipt.

Overall the hotel was clean, wifi was good and the pool area was ok. Shame about the poor staff attitudes and lack of interest.

Room Tip: Avoid leaving items on show if you go out!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dpatel7091, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Hi,
First of all thank you for staying with us and we are really sorry about inconvenience with your stay,

we will make sure in future this will not happen to any of our guest and also will train our staff about guest room security and privacy,
Again Sorry for inconvenience,

You can contact me on my cell 732-986-5893

Also i really appreciate if you can give me name on reservation,

Travelers are raving about these Oakwood Village hotels

Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Our family has done quite of bit of traveling lately, looking at colleges. We have stayed exclusively at Holiday Inn Express hotels. The hotel at Oakwood Village was excellent. Very nice rooms with comfortable beds, clean and quiet. One of the main reasons we stay in Holiday Inn Express hotels is the free buffet breakfast. They have a very wide selection of breakfast foods, and good coffee. The free breakfast definitely saves us money, as we often have a big breakfast, then a small lunch or snack later.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dpatel7091, Owner at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Hi,
Thank for staying with us and rating Excellent ,
Hanover Park, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I have stayed in ALL types of hotels.... from 5-Star on down. We were very surprised and pleased with this particular Holiday Inn. First of all, the location is very convenient for going to Cleveland and/or Canton. It's a bit secluded and the property is very quiet, despite the proximity to the expressway. The front desk service was exceptional (yes, we forgot a few things!) and every employee we met was friendly. In fact, we found that Cleveland-ites in general were very friendly people. Whomever manages this hotel does a wonderful job! Our room was very clean, everything worked perfectly, the pool and whirlpool were a delight, and the morning breakfasts were very tasty and well thought out and prepared. My only suggestion to the hotel is that more fruit choices (other than bananas) might be offered at breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Perfect for weary travelers who do not want to stay in downtown Cleveland. Not far off I-80, two minutes from 480. Would definitely recommend to travelers in the Cleveland area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here one night on business. I checked in early with no problem, desk staff was very friendly. They were also helpful later in the day with suggestions on where to eat. Hotel overall was clean. Room was also clean with what appeared to be newer furnishings. TV was a 40" flatscreen. Very nice!
Breakfast is included at every Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. They had the usual items here and it was all fresh and hot.
The only problem I had here was with my wake-up call. I called the front desk with my request before going to sleep. As I usually do I set the clock-radio alarm in the room as a back up, but 15 minutes later than my call. I never got my wake-up call, so luckily I had set the alarm. In all my travels this is the first time this has ever happened. I didn't really have time that morning to make a complaint so I didn't say anything. My morning did work out ok, but if I hadn't had the alarm set I would have missed an important meeting.
Otherwise a nice clean and friendly hotel. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling to that area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
Comfort Suites Twinsburg
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!