“Bare necessities”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Norwalk
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bare necessities”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Simple, clean, basic needs are met. Safe in the room, refrigerator & microwave are nice extras. We got there late just to sleep after along day at Cedarpoint. Never saw the pool. Not much of a breakfast. Very reasonably priced especially with AAA discount. Will return for a place to sleep cheap. No jumping from the ceiling. One floor.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
norwalkeconolodge1, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs while you were in our area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and very happy to say we are always working on improving our property. Our breakfast now consist of 2 kinds of cerial, donuts, muffins, bagels, english muffins, toast, fresh fruit, juice, coffee or tea. I hope when you are back in our area, you will continue to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Seriously - here's the scoop. Front Desk was friendly but very slow at check in. Too much chit chat. And then they gave us menus for local discounts. None of the pizza places knew what I was talking about. Sooo, no discount. Continental breakfast isn't well maintained. There's just one of everything left - one egg, one apple, one juice cup, no milk, no bowls. Carpets and bedspreads are old and grimey. Pillows are paper thin. Our smoke detector beeped non stop. Housekeeping never resupplied toiletries OR changed our linens. Found an OLD SOCK under our bed AND a tater tot. Dusty. Lots of cobwebs. Parking lot is scary at best and dirty w/ trash. Look at my pool photo. Pool furniture is filthy. Pool water was milky. The only good thing I can say is the rooms have hair dryers and the water pressure is strong. Good luck if you book here.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Metoer1962
Norwalk, OH
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Mediocre rooms of a shabby quality with deplorable parking. Needed to load to leave and had to put up with being blocked in for an entire night. Manager is excellent at customer service but, while friendly, the rest of the staff is ineffective and amateurish at best. With the Mexican restaurant next door and its music and traffic on one side and the Burger King on the other there is no peace here. During race season this place is drunk city. If you would like a better room at comparable price_run down the street.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank armetisius
Sunny USA
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have never stayed at a Econo Lodge before. However if this ones sets the standards for others I will be back. Found coupon in Travelers Book for great price and did they beat my expecations. spotless Room, New Drapes, New Carpet. The bathroom was small but not nothing I can complain about. The desk staff was the most friendly. They made you feel welcome. The breakfast was nice. and even let me fill my large mug for the road. I truly know that I will be back and will tell everyone I know about the hiden gem south of the turnpike.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Heather2010037
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 10, 2004

Well first up we stayed here because it was the only hotel available at the time, July 4th, 2004, The girl at the fr desk was very nice. The room was ok but just had a dirty feel to it, we went to the pool but there was wasp nest under all the chairs and tables. I guess all in all it was ok for just a overnight stay, but take a can of lysol.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Milan
Hampton Inn & Suites Sandusky / Milan

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!