“Wonderful pies! Nice Stop on Motorcycle”
Review of Berry's Restaurant

Berry's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Berry's Restaurant is and Upscale casual restaurant in the historic district of Norwalk, Ohio. Berry's is situated in part of a hotel built in 1864 with tin ceilings, historic leaded glass windows and multiple pictures of life in our town. We offer creative American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our pub "The Dinky" , named after our town's street car, offers a full bar with a a wonderful wine and beer listing. The beautiful outside patio area, St. Charles Place, is the place to go in the summer for lunch or dinner and cocktails.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We hit a different restaurant evey weekend with our HOG Chapter. Berry's did not disappoint. Prices were reasonable but portions were small. My husband had his go-to Reuben and commented on the lack of meat. I had the roast beef and noticed the same. Great sandwiches but more bread than meat wasn't so satisfying. On the other hand, the pies we all had for dessert were above and beyond amazing. Our table had peach, blueberry, pecan and a slice of cheesecake. Wonderful, wonderful desserts! Service was good, atmosphere was great.

The decor of the restaurant will have you staring at the ceiling and at the windows (stained glass). Like walking back in time. Worth it for the pies and decor. Nice ride out to Norwalk too, lovely Ohio farmland ride. And I LOVE Ohio!

1  Thank ClevelandRocks49

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Norwalk has very few restaurants and I checked out Trip Advisor before we got there, so glad I did as this place is a definite winner. The historic building is located on West Main Street has a fascinating history, the stained glass panels that are used throughout the dining areas were uncovered during recent renovations. When you walk in the main entrance it reminds you of an old ice cream parlour with soda fountain stools and the organized counter to custom make milkshakes and sundaes, the décor in all the dining areas is unique and charming.

We stopped there for lunch on the patio and returned for our evening meal as the menu selections are different. The young server at our evening table lived up to her name - Precious - she was most helpful while appearing to be just as surprised as us with answer to every question that we inquired about. Make sure you check this place out if you are going to Norwalk.

Don't miss driving down West Main Street to see the beautiful old homes painted in muted colors with elaborate gingerbread and fantastic gardens.

1  Thank Leta T
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This visit to Berry's was nostalgic, as we used to frequent it several years ago. We were not disappointed. It still maintains its quaint, historic atmosphere. It is located in downtown Norwalk, with lots of on street parking. Casual dress, but also a nice choice to celebrate a special occasion. The service is still great, nice selection on the menus and great food with generous portions. Truly enjoyed our visit and so glad to see they are still there after so many years. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Upon returning from Lyme Village in Bellevue, Ohio, a few friends and I stopped in downtown Norwalk to find a family restaurant. We were directed to eat at Berry's, a restaurant near the square. It is a wonderful, historic place with tin ceilings, classic old photos on the walls and a delightful patio outside. The wait staff was efficient and friendly. Several of us ordered the special of the day, swiss steak with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy. It was perhaps the best I've ever had. I suspect their other offering would be equally delicious and filling. I didn't have room for dessert, so I can't comment of that aspect. If you're near Norwalk, travelling US250 or OH20, drive into town and stop at Berry's. You won't be disappointed! I'll be back to try some of their other specials or menu items.

2  Thank APSphilatelist
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Have not eaten there for sometime.
A wonderful local eatery.
Remember it well growing up especially.
Hope to go there when I visit this summer. :)