“Another option.”

Maple City Tavern
Cuisines: American, International, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Full service bar, serving domestic & craft beers, wines, & signature mixed drinks. We have a small but tasty menu which has our twist on typical bar food. We have a cozy patio for dining outside in the summer & entertainment on weekends. Hours of operation vary.
“Another option.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

My G/F and I have been here twice since Mill Street Bistro closed and Maple City Tavern was opened. It is the same ownership. It has a nice feel and hopefully the menu/food will improve. The appetizer selection was pretty decent when compared to the rest of the menu which was rather limited. We shared a flat bread pizza which was pretty decent. My G/f had a burger which was cooked the way she asked and was pretty good. The tavern fries were decent. Overall portion size was average. The house salad was decent size, fresh, and the selection of dressings was good. the Lake Erie perch platter seemed a little small esp since I payed an extra $1.50 for an addition piece of fish. The spicy slaw was indeed a little spicy which I liked. Drink selection seemed pretty good with a good selection of domestic, import and craft beers. Wine list was limited to about half a dozen reds/whites covering the more popular varietals. If you were sitting in just the right spot to see a TV it might be a nice local place to watch the game and have a drink. It was a little pricer than I would have expected but not outrageous.

• Visited April 2014
11 Thank Dan B

London
“Dreadful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very disappointed in this restaurant. Ambiance looked promising but food over cooked - presentation was better than average hence the disappointment in the final product.
Very disappointing then the bill came . My host complained and an argument ensued.

• Visited December 2013
87 Thank Jon E
Norwalk, Ohio
“Evening at Mill Street Bistro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a nice place, if you can afford it. It is pricier than all the general places around. The atmosphere is nice, the building is old and unique. The service is good and the selection is nice. The food was tasty. For the two of us, with dessert and NO wine, we paid $98.

Visited December 2012
17 Thank Ishmom
Norwalk, Ohio
“Yuppieville without the quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

The food was average at best the price was outrageous. The staff seemed confused and the menu was limited. This was the second time I was there and each time was a average food at high prices.
I don't mind paying for something as long as I feel I get my moneys worth. I won't be back.

Visited November 2012
53 Thank FLSTCWCB
Kennebunkport, Maine
“tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We dine out a lot; and our meal here was great. Attentive service and a nice atmosphere. Began with walleye fritters - cooked just right and served with fresh lemon and tartar sauce. Then Cesar salad, again tasty with fresh shaved Parmesan. My husband had the elk burger which he really enjoyed - and the fries that came with it were out of this world! I had a perch dinner, that came with roasted redskins and a zucchini medley. It wasn't the same old perch you get anywhere, but with a bit of jazzed up spice (not too much.)

• Visited August 2013