“Average hotel close to interstate”

BridgePointe Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Northwood
Omaha, Nebraska
“Average hotel close to interstate”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We found this hotel to be average in room size, service, and cleanliness. The staff was young and seemed a little inexperienced but friendly. The small pool was so overcrowded with loud guests we were not able to swim at all. The breakfast was ok, waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy. The rooms were average size, plain but clean. The sink is located with the shower/ toilet area which is not a plus for us. Overall the rating was passing but not by much.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Room was REALLY small, with the tv up so high in the air it almost touched the ceiling. Mattresses sagged so bad you could see it when you walked into the room. I asked for a different room, thinking it was just this room that was like this, but the next was just as bad. I explained to the clerk that I had been driving all day, had several meetings early in the morning, was tired and hungry and just wanted a comfortable place to sleep. She turned to me and said "OH! OK... I just thought you were being MEAN!". Uh. yeah. Nice.

There were no mattress covers- just sheets- on the bed. Internet was spotty at best. Carpet felt sticky to bare feet. Extra pillows provided in the room were stained and disgusting- one was as grey as a cloudy day and the other had what looked like huge PEE STAINS on it... and NO pillowcases to be found for them. It was one of those places I just had to close my eyes and go to sleep, without thinking about my surroundings. I travel a good bit, and have stayed at Baymont's before and loved them... but this one was DISGUSTING.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Northwood hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My family has been traveling for soccer in NY, OH, PA, WV, and MD for years. This was the worst. Carpets were not vacuumed, the room needed dusted, fabrics on the window seat cushion were bare, faded and looked dirty. When I moved out the window seat cushion to look under there was a candy wrapper and dog food or dog "poop", I wasn't exactly sure. Toilet bowl was not clean. Amenities were sparse. Ice machine was not working. This was part of a mandatory two night stay to attend the tournament. I left after one, still getting stuck for paying the second night. It has been two days since I have been there and I still have the "eebie geebies".

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We decided to stay at the Baymont Inn and Suites on a road trip through the US and were very pleased with our decision. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful. The rooms very clean and the bathrooms look like they've been recently renovated.

During our stay, we wanted ice while the ice machines were refilling so the manager took it upon himself to go to the closest variety store and personally deliver the ice to the room just so we didn't have to wait. Now, that's what I call service!

If we're in the area again, we would definitely not hesistate to stay at the Baymont again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank northern_traveller13
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2010

My husband and I decided to stay here while on a road trip trough the US. The hotel was wonderful: room was very clean, bathroom was spotless; very close to the freeway, breakfast was included (Ps. the waffles are awesome) and the service was fabulous.

While speaking to the owners, who we happened to meet while having breakfast, they mentioned that they were going to be starting renovations very soon - to make this place even greater!

In addition, there is a beautiful mature landscaped green space with a fountain directly in front of the hotel that is perfect for a quiet walk, picnic or place to collect your thoughts.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a hotel in the Northwood area and we hope to visit soon in the near future.

Happy travels to all!

Melissa Spencer

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adventure1010
Windsor
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I had no expectations when going to this hotel. We were seeing a play in Toledo and it seemed to be in a pretty central location (aka - did not have to drive far off the highway). We arrived a little early and the lady at the desk told us that there was not one room ready yet. I asked if there was a shopping area nearby and she just stared at me. We sat down to go through brochures and see if we could find something and suddenly there was a room ready. We were informed that their key card machine was broken and we would have to go to the front desk every time we wanted to re-enter our room! I asked if it would be fixed during our stay and was again ignored.
The sheets were dirty and the bathtub had stains. I was travelling with a child and she wanted to use the pool. The pool towels were the size of hand towels and they did not allow room towels in the pool area. It was impossible to get on the internet because a worker (or son of a worker) was always on the only computer.
I would not go back to this hotel and will likely not go to a Baymont in the future based on this experience.

• Stayed April 2010
columbus ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This hotel was decent for the most part wtih the exception of the unclean sheets on me and my husband's bed. The front desk clerk kindly and quickly brought new sheets to the room. Make sure you have your AAA card with you as you may or may not get your discount at the hotel. The clerks and the wife of the manager were very nice. The manager had no personality to run a hotel. At the continental breakfast, I was going to take a plate back to the room for my husband and he stopped me right before and stated I couldn't take food back to the room. I had never heard such a thing. And then he watched me the whole time to see if I was going to sneak and take some, which I did, but only because that made me mad that he was watching me like that and it made me feel very uncomfortable. He was also rude to my husband during check out. I wouldn't stay again at this hotel due to unfriendliness and rudeness of the manager. Also, the manager's daughter was on the internet most of the time, which was very unprofessional for guests who had business to take care of on the one computer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwood
Park Inn Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo South

Been to BridgePointe Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!