“PAL Boxing”

PITTSBURGH
Reviewed October 16, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past two years, both for 8 nights at a time. The hotel staff is friendly, with a consistently positive attitude. The housekeeping staff was keen on attention to detail as well. The only complaint I have about housekeeping is that they did not tie knots on the trash bags for the small trash cans. This is picky of me, but it was a pet peeve because it leaves the bags loose, which causes the bag to easily fall into the can when trash is thrown in. Again, small detail, and only a personal pet peeve. Everything else was clean and exceeded my expectation.

I loved the layout of the king suite. The king bed, with the day bed in the window and the sofa bed, separated by the kitchenette. The fact that they use a granite or granite-like material on the kitchenette and bathroom made a big difference.

The showers were spotless, and there was even a neat adjustable massaging shower head that I really enjoyed.

The hallways were quiet, no rowdy guests.

The breakfast was hot, and adequately stocked.

Overall had a very enjoyable stay here, and it's safe to say that if I'm ever in that area, I will choose to stay at the Baymont Inn.

The only reason I can't give it a 5 is because the location is a bit drab. There is a gas station convenience store nearby, and a small plaza with a diner, pizza shop, and Chinese take out spot. But other than that there was nothing else around. It was however, right off the highway which allowed very easy access to where we needed to go. I only wish there was a grocery store or Walmart a little closer.

Room Tip: Suite rooms are definitely worth the higher price.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sweetscientist
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was was very disappointed that fter staying at this hotel once a month for over two years that the staff person did not have the authority to give me my usual business rate. She referred me to the manager. Also, my usual room size was not available and she offered me a king or two queen. I accepted if they were the same cost. The next morning the staff person told me that my credit card had already been charged and I would have to meet with the manager in the afternoon. The original staff person explaned to the manager that I had been given a larger room so I should be satisfied with the increase in the cost. There was no negotiation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DIANEZEE
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Poor quality of rooms and hallways, which need serious updating. Cleanliness could be improved. Hallway and floors/carpeting need serious updates. Good value, good location, staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ToledoTexas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Initial check-in was a little bumpy - was quick enough, but the wrong rate was charged initially, and the first room I was given had someone else's stuff in it. The front desk corrected both issues promptly and the remainder of the stay was without incident. The room was comfortable and the breakfast options fine.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TR-DAY
A TripAdvisor Member
BROOK PARK
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our room was very clean. The mattress was extremely comfortable. I wish I had the same mattress at home. The only problem we came across was our white socks were dirty from the carpet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwood
Park Inn Toledo
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Oregon
Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to BridgePointe Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!