“Nice rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Northwood
Sandusky, Ohio
“Nice rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed here several times never having any serious issues. The rooms are always clean and tidy. Everyone is always helpful with anything you may need or want. I will stay here again when I am in that area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CollieMar
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good Morning ColllieMar,

Thank you for your nice review! We are so pleased that you are happy with your stays and we so appreciate returning Guests like yourself. I am glad you have found our Staff is to be courteous and helpful. We will continue to improve where needed so your stays will ALWAYS be good ones......

Kind Regards,

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pickens, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed here 5 years ago, working in Rossford at the glass plant. So when we came back, to work there again decided to stay there again. But the place sure has gone down hill.my husbands gun came up missing, when we called to report it , the police officer advised us to get out of this motel, and the gun was never found. A few of us were sitting outside cooking on the grill, and 3 people in just an hours time , asked us if we wanted to buy some dope.when we told them we didn't they got mouthy, yelling by the pool, to get our rich ----- out of the room. Working the hours of 7 pm to 7 am, with the do not disturb sign on the door, they still knocked and woke us,even after explaining our hours.. It's not the same motel. It has gone to Dope.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Tbrickie
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi Tbrickie,

We are sorry to hear your stay with us was less than satisfying. Your missing gun was unfortunate that is why it is important to keep your doors shut and not propped open. We try to work around work schedules and are always considerate of sleep times. Housekeeping scheduled to clean your room upon your request and could not get in. We do try hard to accommodate you.

Best Regards

GM

Travelers are raving about these Northwood hotels

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Nice rooms with a clean out door pool and Bill's Bistro. What a package! Manager Sean is always very accomodating! I would reccomend the Stromboli at Bill's. Give this place a try. It very well may be the Best Value in Northwood!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Happy T
Sean V, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello HappyT,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We work hard to make your stay pleasant.
The Stromboli is a favorite. Sean is always eager to help and the rest of the staff is helpful too. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

DiAnna Gacik
Sales
Millbury, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

After participating at a Psychic and Health Fair on 09/07/13, the next day I realized my purse was left in the room we were in. I called the next morning, on a Sunday, everyone @ the motel bent over backwards to help me track it down. The manager came in, on his day off, to open the office so I could retrieve my purse. Housekeeping found it and turned it in, nothing was missing or disturbed. Even though I didn't stay in a room, they really came through for me! I cannot thank them enough for all they did for me! THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

Room Tip: When you can trust the staff to do the right thing, it means alot!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christina H
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Christina,

It was our pleasure to help out such a nice person as yourself. We try to accommodate any way we can. Our staff is trained in hospitality and will always do whatever they can to make you comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing you again,

Cincinnati ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

after doing a day trip to americas best value inn the place was ran down.. the employee took us to the room... smelt of musty and mold, the mini fridge had alot of ice in the freezer, the guy said they defrost it every month didn't feel safe there at all won't be staying there they are walking distance
to the casino if you feel like walking or the have a shuttle for free... the pics you see on the website for northwoods on americas best value inn don't look nothing like the room with the cook top stove

Room Tip: the carpet was dirty,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank megatron44
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Megatron44,

We are impressed you took a day trip to our hotel from Cincinnati, Ohio. I wish you would have stayed and enjoyed the comfortable beds the Guests comment on often. We are always improving the Hotel and appreciate your maximum rating on Value. Come back and stay with us soon....

Kind Regards,

Toledo, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

When I got there I was checked in with in 5 min .The first room that I checked in to was ok but the air was not blowing out enough but I just calmly talked to some at the front desk and with no problems they switched my room twice with no problems. I asked for clean sheets and pillowcases and they brought them to me but I really didn't need them I had my own from home I just wanted to check the service. They were very friendly. What ever I needed I was able to get.. thanks for a great stay SHAWN at the front desk.... I will be back to stay again, When I need another 2 day getaway!!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the first floor in the summer its a lot cooler!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Shawn J
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review.....Shawn J,

We try very hard to give you good customer service and treat you the way we would want to be treated. I am pleased that you were satisfied. I look forward to having you stay with us again.....

Brutus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

When we arrived there was absolutely no hotel staff on site. A sign at desk saying "we'll return in 10 - 15 minutes". Lobby is attractive. Desk staff not apologetic upon return. Warm day the day of our arrival, so 2nd floor stuffy. No screen in window. Carpeting with cigarette burn marks ( I booked a smoking room by accident). Hotel was dirty in appearance. Very poor selection @ breakfast (continental). No orange juice at 8:15 in the morning - there were only 6 of us in the breakfast area at the time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello Karen S,

I am sorry you had less than a good experience while staying with us. We did have a repair with the the Hotel CA. Our staff is extremely hospitable and again I apologize if they were less than that. Thank you for your review..... we are always improving the Hotel for Guest satisfaction.

Have a good day....

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwood
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Toledo / Oregon
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Oregon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Northwood? Share your experiences!