“Excellenet stay with wonderfull service”

Americas Best Value Inn Northwood
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Northwood
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was very nicely decorated with all amenities, It had an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, microwave and refrigerator,television had over 100 channels including HBO and the free internet was good and super fast, staff is very helpful with your all need, it was a great value. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Damodara R
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hi Damodara R,

We look forward to seeing you again soon. It is so nice that you enjoyed the effort we put forth. Repeat Guests say it all! We do have a good repeat business. Thanks again for your review, always appreciated.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We chose this hotel so the kids could swim. We originally requested the double queen kitchenette however it was located on second floor and there was no elevators so we had to opt for a first floor room (disabled spouse only reason). The room was nice size with fridge however the door was off of it and there was no microwave. We told the front desk right away and within 20 minutes we had a new refridgerator and microwave. This hotel is dated but it appears to be maintained - the courtyard around pool is gorgeous with flowers and trees. We chose to stay on the premises and eat dinner here. The resturant leaves a bit to desire but we ordered 3 large pizza's and 6 drinks - not bad tasting and for less than $40.00. However when it came to the continental breakfast - that is not the words I would use to describe what they attempted to serve. Even the coffee was bad, no orange juice - that was some type of orange punch drink, cheerios, outdated stale glazed donuts, bagels or toast - that is it. No yogurt or fruit, no variety of cereals just not much thought into it. The exercise area - was not in good working order and very dirty. The window in our room actually opened and we enjoyed some fresh air and that was very nice.

Room Tip: Seemed like alot of people were there that may have been living on site - bikes in the hallway and j...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello lobee125,

I am happy that you and your family had a relaxing get away. We try to take care of your needs. We appreciate you and look forward to your next stay!

Thanks so much

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friends and I, come to this hotel often and each time just to get away as a couples night out .I always enjoy myself especially Shaun (the front desk receptionist). He always makes me feel welcomed, like home away from home. Shaun is very sweet, kind,and patient.He always make sure im very happy with my room.Shaun is the best he needs a pay raise!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean V, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Hi lisa h,

I am happy to see you enjoy your get-aways with us. We always look forward to your return, we appreciate you! Sean is very nice and caring. Thank you for your compliments and I will make sure he knows (not sure about the raise<smile>). See you soon.

Have a great day!

DiAnna Gacik
Sales

Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a unique hotel that is very enjoyable! Ive stayed here tons of times just to escape the house with the family. Currently moving and last min found my new house isnt ready yet. Knowing the prices are affordable, pool, and handfuls of great experiences before i didnt even question where i was boooking my extended stay. A hotel is a hotel, all pretty standard stuff. But there is something refreshing about a happy enthusiastic staff running it who are happy to see you come will accomodate anything you may need and are more than willing to make right by any issue you may have. Starting with management all the way to the cleaning staff- everyone seems happy to be at work its just an overall good vibe. the jacuzzi sweets are fun for a quick escape from the house for mom and dad- but also great for a family night out. My 8 and 10 yr old think the jacuzzi sweets are awesome and with rates there i can afford to let the kids enjoy the mini pool lol in room. There is a beautiful court yard centered perfectly in the center of the hotel, and with all doors room key required for access, i can give the kids a lil space with ice runs and know that they are secure within the building. The pool is inviting, and set up for friends and families to relax the day away with umbrella tables and lounge seating. This hotel is typical as far as room accomodations, with overall clean standard rooms. I see a few negative reviews and nobody is perfect. You cant damn an establishment this great because of human error. if a bag on the table ruined your visit here, you came looking to complain. On the rare occasion Ive had to speak to the desk because something wasnt quite right- they were more than happy to aid me as soon as possible. Im not really one to leave reviews, but feel i have a pretty relevant opinion as the past few yrs my family has come here repeatedly and always enjoyed what the hotel has to offer. if in the area and getting a hotel, you def get your bang for your buck here. pool, jacuzzi rooms and bills bistro ,make for a great stay providing a relaxing experience- good restaurant/bar on sight so you literally need to leave for nothing, and a casino shuttle running all day if you wanna get out!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi sweets here are amazing, and still cost less than the competing hotels. why not?
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HFM4ADIP

Hi HFM4ADIP,

WOW! What a nice review. Thank you for caring enough to write this. We are happy that we are doing what makes you feel comfortable and have a good stay. We will continue good hospitality and service. Come see us again soon.....

Good Wishes,

DiAnna Gacik
Sales

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel was the nastiest, dirtiest hotel I have ever been in!!!!! Not only was there not a manager there to speak with about my problems, but the staff working was the most u-helpful person I have ever met working in the customer service business! Not only did our room smell like urine, but when we told her she handed us an empty air freshener bottle. We asked for extra blankets and pillows because the ones that were on there when we arrived had blood all over them, yuck! So when she brought us new blankets and pillows those also had blood on them! I mean im good, but I had my kids sleeping on that nasty filth! The price is valuable well I guess we found out why!!!! When we asked fir new sheets the staff was less than accommodating and asked us to come get our new sheets. What was the point so we could find more blood and god knows what else!! We ended up sleeping on our wet towels that we had brought from home at least I knew they were clean! Horrible!!!! Pictures were taken and people will be called! If you looking for a nasty place to lay your head covered in blood and smelling lime constant weed smoke this is your place!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Dy2ez
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Dy2ez,

We are sorry your stay here was less than comfortable. Our staff is trained to help our Guests with whatever they need. We can also change your room if the one your in is not one that you like. We value your comments and take them into consideration when making improvements on a regular basis. Have a good day......

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in. We should have ran away upon check-in. The place is old, smelly, and just DIRTY. As we walked down the long hall to find our room, all we could smell was HEAVY cigarette/pot smoke, and hear dogs barking. It also has the strangest smell of cheap, nasty cologne which seems to be circulating through the air. It was also hot and stuffy. We finally get to our room---my gosh, it was so gross. I don't know how else to describe it. Floor so dirty---it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. Bathroom just old and needed to be cleaned. The "Jacuzzi"...wow...small, and very dirty! Looks like someone just smeared it down with a rag...it had dirty streaks all over it. There is no way I would ever even think to get it in there. In addition, the smell of the room...I don't think I'll ever forget that smell. It was so bad. This was by far, the creepiest, strangest hotel I have ever stepped foot in. Please trust me on that. I am not that picky of a person. It's just that this hotel was THAT bad. My husband and I left. We just left. We didn't even want to try to get a refund. We knew that the rude man at the front desk would never give us a refund. So, we just left. Luckily, we don't live too far away, and we made the best of our day.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel. Please. This place stinks horribly of smoke. Everything is old and in disrep...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cheyfaith
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hello cheyfaith,

I am sorry you were not happy with your room. Our policy is "If we cannot fix it for you, we move you to another room". We have 16 Jacuzzi's that are sold out on a regular basis. We have LARGE Jacuzzi's, our Guests love them. Our rooms are inspected after they are cleaned. Thank you for your comments we do take our Guests comfort seriously. We hope to see you again.........

Enjoy,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend & I stayed here during Memorial Wkend for a night. The staff was AMAZING, they went above & beyond to make our stay great. Loved the free shuttle to the casino, it is a very professional touch. This will be my "go to" hotel whenever I am in town & I have already recommended it to others. Great room, great rates & great staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pam M

Hello cheyfaith,

Enjoy,

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwood
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Toledo-Oregon
Comfort Inn East
Comfort Inn East
#5 of 5 in Oregon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Northwood? Share your experiences!