“Excellent service”

Americas Best Value Inn Northwood
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Northwood
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my first stay at the hotel, and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. The location is great, and the service was excellent. Everyone was extremely accommodating and friendly and made me fell very welcome throughout my stay. I can't say enough nice things about the staff and the way I was treated. Iam planning a trip back to Hollywood casino next month and have already made my reservation to stay at the hotel again

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank David_sabry

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I honestly would not stay here again if it were free. Had reservations for Saturday the 14 th of July. Pulled in and it looked okay. Flowers in the flower pots, sprinkler running to water the grass. I thought it would be a clean well kept little hotel. For 75.00 you don't expect the Ritz Carlton so far it was looking okay. Went to check in and the desk clerk said "all I have available is 201" I didn't know what that meant since we had never been there before. So I said okay that's fine. Got to our room and enwww!! The carpet was filthy and sticky and it was hot as heck in there. The bedspreads had burn holes in them and the blanket underneath did too. My husband checked for bed bugs!! I don't think he's ever even thought to do that in the past. We turned on the air and decided to go check out the rest of the hotel. Went to find the outdoor pool which was so cloudy you couldn't see the bottom. But it has been pretty hot so I guess that's not do horrible. The plastic chairs around the pool were somewhat broken, but we found a couple that weren't and our granddaughter wanted to swim so we sat down and let her swim. Pretty soon out from other rooms that faced the pool came people that looked like they were living in this hotel. Drinking beer out of can smoking and just looking in our direction. You could see small children playing behind the curtains in their room in diapers crawling on the floor banking on the sliding balcony doors which we didn't realize till later wouldn't shut all the way. When we went back to our room it was still hot in there and now I noticed the water in the bathtub had a constant stream of running water coimg out of the fawcett and the floor was disgustingly dirty in there. I called the front desk and asked to be moved which the did promptly. To the room right next door. I asked the desk clerk if this room was better and she said " oh yes, this is a nice room!" so it's pretty obvious they are aware 201 is disgusting! Moved to 203 and there was no remote for the tv which wasn't a great big deal. Now it's dinner time and we went to the restaurant in the hotel , there was no one at all in ther and the noise from the bar was very loud and sounded a bit rowdy which wasn't a great family environment so we went to the front desk to ask where there might be a restaurant close by. The desk clerk said we old eat there. The only reason noone was in there was because the bar waitress is also the restaurant waitress but she could call her for us. We declined, and went to bob Evans. Came back at abot 7pm and the door that you would normally use your room key to get inward disconnected from the electronics and so you could come and go without a room key without any problem. Except the stairway door was jammed to getto the second floor. So we had to walk to the other end of the building to get to our floor. No elevator, since it's only 2 floors. At that end of the building the emergency exit door which is the door we had to use was role and off the top hinge. So it was hanging there by the bottom hinges. The pillows were great. The bed was pretty old and wore down, not too comfy. One of the bedspreads in this room203, had a burn hole in it, the furniture in both rooms was old and banged up prett good. Had the same kind of blanket in both rooms which was an old use to be fuzzy kind of blanket. But now an old rough pill ball covered thing. The air did work a lot better in room 203. The bathroom still dirty, carpet somewhat better than 201. Went to breakfast this morning and the donut that my granddaughter got was hard and old . Shes8 so she was not happy! She really wanted that donut! Lol. She said even the fruit loops are stale! We did order something other than that free continental breakfast then. I think this was that bar waitress we heard about the night before. She looked pretty rough. A group of hotel workers, housekeeping staff , came in while we were eating to get their free breakfast too. They looked rougher than the waitress and dirtier than the hotel itself. When we were ready to leave, I asked the waitress for our check. She said its 13.00. You can just pay me. Oh okay that's different but at that point I just was ready to check out. Gave her 18.00 and went to get our stuff and check out. There was a guy in front of me complaining that they overcharged him by 10.00bucks and the desk clerk said well we already charged your card and I can't fix it. Lol he wasn't happy, there was no manager, and she had to call someone on the phone to ask what to do. She told that guest someone would take care of it later and would call him. She then asked him to write his info on a piece of paper. Wouldn't they have that on the room receipt? Well maybe not. I think they are conserving on paper. When it was my turn to check out, which I normally don't even have to do, I gave her the room keys and she said okay thanks. I said do I need to sign anything? She said nope. I asked for a receipt which appeared to be an annoyance but after everything I thought I better have it. They could have charged me 200.00 and I might have had to think twice about complaining about it as I think this is one rough place to stay. With some seriously rough looking characters working and staying there. When I was walking to my car I noticed right there in that nicely manicured front lawn was a discarded tire from someone's car. That reall just said it all!!! Go to the Baymont just across the street. I am sure it has to be a lot better and not quite so seedy.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank dlindsay2000
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Did the job for a one night stay while checking out the sights in Toledo. The receptionist was wonderful and the room did the trick. You can't beat the value and location as it is right off of the highway. Again, a great solution for a fast visit in the area.

Receptionist = A+
Room = B+
Value = A+
Location = A+
Environment = C-

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DRsMama
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I spent a long weekend at this hotel while I was visiting my family in the nearby area. I like the location of this hotel, since it is right off of the interstate I75, and has good visibility after you exit. I found the front desk staff to be helpful and efficient. I found the bedding in the rooms to be very comfortable and I slept well. This hotel seems like it is in progress of having a face lift after changing from Comfort Inn to America's Best Value Inn. There is a lot of new paint that has been laid here, and it is shows. The only down side to this hotel is that I arrived home later at night, and it was not unusual to see people coming out of the bistro/bar walking out being rather loud and drunk. Making the trip from the car to your room one that you need to keep your eyes open. The only other thing that I can say is that it would be nice if they had some warm items for breakfast. The Complimentary breakfast is at the bistro/bar, and you have such items as cereal, milk, break, bagels, coffee and other items. But overall if you are looking for a low cost alternative to high priced hotels, check this one out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ChrisinVA
Sean V, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Northwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear ChrisinVA,

Thank you for your nice review. We are constantly improving the Hotel so that our Guests have a comfortable stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.......

Thanks So Much,

Sean Victor
GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northwood
BridgePointe Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Oregon
Comfort Inn East
Comfort Inn East
#5 of 5 in Oregon

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Northwood? Share your experiences!