“Great food but atmosphere lacks attention”
Review of Jaipur Junction

Jaipur Junction
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Jaipur Junction features a newly designed, easy to understand menu with detailed explanations of offered dishes. However, there are very few pictures for those looking for visual help. The restaurant starts a new year in a newly remodeled space located in the Timber Ridge Plaza in North Royalton. Upon entering, my husband and I were pleasantly greeted and offered our choice of seating at a booth or table. We chose a booth. Each table had a neutral colored crisp linen cloth covered by a removable glass top. With the edges of the cloth exposed, I immediately noticed stains, and food debris. I thought one set of stains resembled dried blood, but who knows? I switched sides and there were more stains on the other side of the table as well. Each of us were given a glass goblet filled with ice cold water and I noticed each table had place settings of flatware wrapped in white paper napkins. The restaurant was brightly lit and featured high, freshly painted walls and newer carpet . The restaurant was devoid of any pictures, or decorative items. Music was playing near the front host desk. The phone at the desk rang loudly and frequently. It was rarely answered even though the restaurant was not noticeably busy. If the main phone was not answered then a cell phone would begin ringing which seemed to momentarily stop the music.

Despite the lack of atmosphere, we felt welcome and comfortable and the food made up for any external disappointment. We started with an appetizer order of Samosa and Vegetable Pakora followed by Baingan Bhartha. The appetizers were served hot and crisp. They were large and filled with perfectly seasoned and savory ingredients. A large portion of Baingan Bhartha was provided with freshly baked Naan bread. Despite satisfying our appetites quickly, the food was so good that it was hard to stop eating! No paper plates donned this delicious fare as everything was served on cassic white tableware. The Baingan Bhartha was served in a silver-like, copperish bowl that looked as if it was hand hammered and featured delicately designed side handles. We were give extra Naan for our generous leftovers that we boxed and took home. Service was excellent and non hurried. We used a coupon with our meal and paid a reasonable price (under $30) for our dinner. The general atmosphere was exceedingly friendly with all questions answered with a smile. I learned that there is a daily lunch buffet featuring different food choices on any given day. Appetizers, main dishes and desserts are offered for $8.95 a person. If I could rate based on food alone, I would give Jaipur Junction five stars, but the soiled table linens, loud unanswered phone and brightly lit and visually inept dining room were a detriment to the overall dining experience. Would I go back? Absolutely, but next time I might order takeout.

4  Thank Coeno02
There are newer reviews for Jaipur Junction

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Jaipur Junction is the best Indian restaurant in the Cleveland area! And the new restaurant has a warm atmosphere, the staff is always wonderful and the food is delicious. Have been coming here for years!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Food is good but dinning in is not so hot. I love their food as take out. You can get the level of spiciness you want and their mutter panir is wonderful. I have never had a bad dish. Now on to the restaurant itself. It's a small place with bare bones seating. Your food is served in small Styrofoam bowls, plates and you get plastic utensils. That;s what I dislike. You get way more for your money with take out.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very nice small restaurant tucked away in a strip mall in North Royalton. Our favorite dishes are Malai Kofta and Tava Tikki. Their side dishes are even worthy of a mention - the Naan and Rice are incredible. The owners are always present and professional. The weekend buffet is wonderful and a must try. They have catered parties for us where they provided an abundance of delicious food for a very reasonable price. I've been all over the world and their food is simply the best.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Love the Dhaba Chicken, Malai Kofta, Naan and Rice at this place..

The price is pretty reasonable as well.. I've been here several times and it is my go to indian place near Parma. One caution is that the road this place is on has cops patrolling for speeding. I got a ticket for going 49 in a 35..