“What a waste.”

Becker's Doughnut
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“What a waste.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Oh my goodness. What a hole in the wall.

This place has been around since I lived in North Ridgeville, which is my entire life. It's located in a very busy area and is absolutely teeny-tiny. There is one picnic table outside and one very small table inside.

I have only been in this bakery twice in my life; that should tell you something. Each time, I am met with the rudest people! No smiles, no greeting, they don't even list prices... it's literally throw your order in a bag and then throw your bag at you. No receipt.

This last time (which will be my last time, ever) I went to see what kind of packzis they had for Fat Tuesday. I walked in and the regulars were there, all jamming around the tiny table and taking up any place to stand and wait. (I might add, a group of guys were sitting in the rain outside, trying to eat their doughnuts! Poor guys.) There were a noticeable amount of flies around too.

I ordered and, as usual, no greeting, no thank-you, no smile, throw my doughnuts in the bag, charge me (which, I might add, was quite higher than other places I went) and after I gave her the money, she turned around and continued her non-important conversation. I even said, "Um, excuse me... is that it? Am I done here?" She absent mindedly said, "oh, yeah, you're fine."

So, I get home and cut into them... and at least one of them is wrong. :( After all that, she didn't even get my order right. And they were much more expensive than other places we went. The filling was so processed and tasted like it was straight out of a can.

Needless to say, we will never go back. For the record, the Becker's Donuts in Fairview Park is like another world, it's so good. Clean, friendly, MUCH much much more selection and better prices.

• Visited April 2012