“Great Value”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Was a stop over on my way to Grand Rapids. Very warm staff and a clean hotel. Rooms were spacious. When Ordered Room Service, was surprised to receive a complimetary dessert as a thank you. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed October 19, 2009

We reserved this room through hotwire and stayed at this hotel for two days. It's an older hotel and it shows. The lobby is a bit outdated. We stayed on the 5th floor because we were told that it had newly renovated rooms. The room was pretty decent, although I did see what I thought to be a flea on my pillow. The breakfast at the hotel was ok, however the server wasn't the most friendly and attentive. The fitness center is horrible. There are about five machines, consisting of two treadmills. Only one of the treadmills works and even the screen on the working one was out so you couldn't see your speed.

The hotel is located right across the street from a mall and there are places to eat that surround the hotel. Walmart is also very close.

We arrived there pretty late on the first night and initially had trouble finding somewhere to eat. We eventually found this place around the corner called "Pepper Jacks." It stayed open til about two and was still serving food. I highly recommend this place if you're looking for a late night hang out with good food. The owners and staff are extremely friendly.

Overall though, it's an ok hotel. Given the price we paid for the room though, I guess we shouldn't have expected much.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank born_atty
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The common areas and exterior were fine, but they sure need a better maintenance department and attention given to details. In the eating area, tables had fold down wings missing and the wallpaper was curling up.

The room was OK, but again maintenance issues kept it from being nice. The retaining ring around the recessed lite was missing at the sink, the covers were missing from the handrail in the tub... on and on...

The breakfast was "Ok" but nothing to beat the door down for.

We needed someplace to rest our head for the night - and got that.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife and I stayed here after winning this hotel on a Priceline bid. Having spent part of my childhood nearby, I knew the area pretty well, so I was satisfied with the location. Given the rate I got, this was a steal, but not worth the three digit nightly rate.

The location is right across from Great Northern Mall, and across from a couple of the standard mall restaurants (Chili's / Macaroni Grill, I think). The parking lot is clean, as well as the lobby. Across from the lobby is a restaurant seating area, but we didn't eat there.

The pool and jacuzzi were small, but well kept. The exercise equipment looked well maintained.

The room was fine. As stated previously, there is no fridge or microwave. We did get the sleep number bed, which felt rather gimmicky. We set the bed at a moderate level, and it sagged to a very soft mattress by the morning. We both felt sore.

Overall, decent stay, but it didn't make me a customer of a sleep number bed. I do have Radissons booked for upcoming stays, and I'm not disappointed, but I'm going to set the bed at a higher setting.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Publius2003
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I got a great rate on Hotwire and really enjoyed the hotel. Although I didn't have a Sleep Number mattress - I wish they wouldn't make it sound like every room has them. But I figured for 39 bucks a night I was getting a bargain. The hotel was QUIET, especially since I was on the top floor. The AC unit worked like a charm, the linens were nice and every employee I met seemed very friendly. The workout room needed some help. Only one machine was working but the concierge promised they'd get things up and running. No in-room fridge or microwave.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed here our anniversary weekend and would give it 4 out of 5 stars. Front desk staff was very friendly...even complimenting my outfits or helping with pizza delivery numbers. Vending/Ice is only on every other floor. The breakfast is NOT free. Rooms were clean and pumped the A/C perfectly. We hated the Sleep Comfort beds. They are lumpy, loud, uneven, and you find yourself adjusting it to find the "perfect" setting all night long. Location is nice, plenty to walk to. Even a Walmart if you want to take a stroll thru a business-y type parking lot. Check-out is noon.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed here with my spouse while he was attending a conference. Since I was just hanging out, the location was pretty nice b/c there are several restaurants and a huge mall across the street. The room was clean for the most part. It is showing its age somewhat. The breakfast was pretty good. The front desk staff couldn't always answer my questions about the area but were very willing to look up anything they didn't know. The shuttle takes a while but I also didn't plan ahead so I can't fault them for that. It is a decent place to stay if you can get a good deal.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
5 mi away
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
Aloft Cleveland Airport
Aloft Cleveland Airport
#6 of 10 in North Olmsted

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!