“Everything was fine”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
Atlanta, Georgia
“Everything was fine”
Reviewed October 16, 2005

Stayed one night on the way the Cedar Point.. Check-in staff was very friendly..Lobby was nice.. Room was clean..Bed was comfortable.. Across the street from good restaurants and a mall.. My only disappointment was I thought they had the "sleep number" beds..no such luck for me.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank Funkywabit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2005

First, I admit to being the one who reserved a table for Mother's Day Bruch. (I'm the Mom) I had a menu at home and thought that since the prices were so high, the food must also be of high quality. I was told that adults (2) would be $18.95 and children (2) would be $11.00.
When we arrived, I thought the seating are was much too close to the check-in/check-out desk. The hotel desk person was busy staring at each table from across his counter. I thought he should've looked occupied rather than starving.
Lourie was our "server" which entailed her to ask who wanted coffee. I raised my hand, but pushed a dirty coffee cup towards her upside down. She instead filled another and plopped the even more ditier urn on our table. Walking away, I yelled, Can we get anything else to drink? She rolled her eyes and said, "Like what?" My little one asked, "milkshake?" She snorted and I knew that meant no. "How about cokes for everyone." I interupted, trying to just get to the food.
Laurie returned with 3 juice glasses filled with ice and about 3 oz. of coke.
We went to the buffet which was great, there was a nice variety of items.
Back at our table, I asked for steak sauce (big mistake). Laurie said I should've got it from the buffet. I told her I didn't see it; she came back and slammed on the table.
By now the restaurant was picking up and I could hear Laurie complaining about this shift and the people and how mad she was...
We asked for a refill several times, just to be ignored. I spotted a pitcher of water around the corner and brought it to me table. I stood over my table as each of my family handed me their glasses. Another table asked if I'd refill theirs while I was at it. Laurie spotted this and charged at me saying, "I should hire you!" I replied curtly, "No dear, those days are over." She laughed and said, "that's a good one."
When paying our bill, I notice 4 adults were charged @ $18.95 apiece.
I walked up to the counter and explained that I had 2 children, she asked their ages, one is 10 and the other is 11. She said children prices are for 4-10. I was taken aback by this because when I made the reservation, I was told children were 4-12. Nevertheless, I paid for 3 adults and 1 child. She rerang the credit slip and handed it to me. I signed it. My husband then rushed up to say that he was the primary and only holder on that specific credit card. The woman was now taken aback. I jokingly said to my husband, "We could've fought paying for this little affair today, couldn't we?" I said it sarcastically to let the woman know her security measures were not what they should've been. (My husband has CID in permanent marker on the back of every credit card)
We all sat back down and watched Laurie race up to the counter(the fastest she moved in an hour and a half) to check her tip. When she realized I didn't tip her on the slip, (I never do, only in cash since I, too, waitress)
she hovered over and around our table while we sucked on our last cube of ice from an hour and a half before. Still never asking us if we'd like another. We got up and left, never to return. Oh yes, we left no tip.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed October 25, 2004

Mixed feelings about this Radisson. When we made reservation, we requested 1 king bed. Upon check-in, the not very informative or friendly evening staff gave us 2 queen beds. We asked for the complimentary AAA room-upgrade but was first told that they were full or out of those. 1 minute later, they had one available.

Room upgrade or not; we probably didn't get one as our room was without balcony and looked straight onto the restaurant's pebble roof and Sears' delivery area across the street. How inspiring. The high-speed Internet access is yours for the annoying fee of $10 per day. When do big hotels realize that this is nuisance more of a service. Smaller hotels have got the point already and offers it for free.

Beds were fairly comfortable and the room pretty clean. Bathroom was not up to par; bad lighting and visible tear and wear.

Hot tub was unusable; less than luke warm, pool was fine. Sauna warmed up quickly and the small exercise room worked well.

Breakfast buffet is limited. Parking was perfect. Evening staff the second night was helpful with directions to dining in downtown Cleveland (20 mins drive). Lots of chain restaurants around the hotel, but not a place you want to walk around (no sidewalks anyway). Good access to freeways.

5 Thank propete
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2004

We recently stayed at this hotel for a week-end for a wedding. The rooms definitely need to be refurbished!!! In the bathrooms, there are tiles missing, strange odors, and stained toilet seats! Everyone staying at this hotel for the wedding we had complaints about their room (loud air conditioning units, urine smell in bathrooms, bathroom vents that did not work do the bathroom fogged up, etc.). The bedspreads were old & gross. The carpet old & stained. Not a good place to stay. The breakfast bar left a lot to be desired & they didn't have a breakfast menu to order from. Also, I made a reservation for the shuttle to take us to the airport 24 hours in advance (as requested) for 1PM Sunday & when we went to meet the shuttle, the shuttle was out making another run. It didn't arrive until 1:30PM. Lots of stress since taxis won't make runs airport runs to this hotel because there is no money in it for them. I was not a happy camper.
We did attend a brunch on Sunday which was very nice & that is the only good memory I have of this hotel!

4 Thank HAOinHOU
, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this review, September 14, 2004
Please provide us more information on your stay - name, dates, party you were with. We are sorry you did not have a pleasent stay. We are not making excuses but we have no record of the list of complaints you have registed, if you do not tell us, we cannot respond. We do not know of any guetsrooms missing tiles in the restrooms, stained carpet or bed spreads. We do offer a full hot breakfast buffet as well as a made to order breakfast in our restaurant along with a full room service menu. We apologize for the late shuttle, at times a driver does get stuck helping out another guest, believe me, they are not ingoring your request. We do follow-up with our Brides and Grooms who have used us for their over night guests to insure their satisfaction. No bridal party has logged any complaints with us, had you said something while you were here we would have addressed these issuses and made the approprite changes.
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed October 27, 2002

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite recently. At $199.00 one would expect something at least above average. Not so. The jacuzzi had loose and broken tiles around it. The room desperately needed updating: stained carpeting with cigarette burns( no non-smoking available), a tattered bedskirt and nearly non-existent bathroom lighting. But most revolting was our discovery the morning of checkout that the bedspread had several unlaundered bloodstains on it. We were refunded our money without question. Disgusting acccomodations!

8 Thank lacle
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!